Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 12:11:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19777 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1380 on: 03 January, 2019, 10:58:34 pm »

Made it through the boss rush after studying some speedrun footage. Was actually able to beat it the first time I got to Shaft, though it took a few tries to get to that point because I was mistiming the Bible on the mummy.

And now I'm on stage 7, which

christ

the opening bridge basically costs me a life straight out the gate because I barely get across it with a sliver of life

then climbing up the tower with the water ghosts spawning all over the place is terrible

and then there's the series of red rooms with the giant green knights and the... xenomorph skeletons? They have extendo necks and they vomit bones on you and they're horrific.

I can't get past the red part of the level, so I'm gonna have to do some studying on that stuff. Plus survive enough through the first sections that I have some lives and leeway.

This is it, though. The final hurdle.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1381 on: 04 January, 2019, 11:55:00 am »

xenomorph skeletons? They have extendo necks and they vomit bones on you and they're horrific.

the sotn bestiary says they are "panther skeletons"

also def give a maria playthrough a shot sometime down the road
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1382 on: 04 January, 2019, 11:55:53 am »

those things don't act like any cats I've ever seen
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1383 on: 04 January, 2019, 12:23:33 pm »

monster cats
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1384 on: 05 January, 2019, 03:07:53 am »

it is done

Stage 7 was truly grueling, but I eventually got to the point where I walked into the boss fight with 53 hearts. I promptly died because I barely had health, but that was the morale boost I needed. I can't do the speedrun thing where you juggle the cape to death, but I was crucially able to interrupt the dragon summon a few times on my winning run.

I also want to point out that I made it to the penultimate level in this game without knowing what an item crash was.

After that, Dracula is like a lot of multiphase Dark Souls fights. It's a matter of learning the first phase well enough to have enough health for the second phase (which is actually easier anyway). That fight was all about spacing, too. I'd try to get where I was getting a double hit with the cross and also able to whip through the fireballs.

So yeah. Glad I was able to beat it. I'll probably go back later and try to play the alternate route. I rescued Annette, also, but it was on a run where I game over'd. I don't know if it doesn't count if you don't clear the stage on that attempt or what. Anyway, I'm not sure how to go about playing as the other girl.

Tomorrow I will start SotN and let my true edification begin.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1385 on: 05 January, 2019, 12:06:09 pm »

you can switch characters on the menu when you're starting a game

and fuck yeah sotn baby gimme all the good details
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1386 on: 05 January, 2019, 03:32:08 pm »

So because I'm the kind of person who hates the idea of being the DJ at a party or in the car, I'm wondering

Should we try to reach a consensus on a unified rule set?

How many stocks?
FS meter or no?
If items are on, which ones are allowed?
Which stages are enabled for random selection? (And are hazards on)?

I could make this a new topic if there's any amount of interest.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1387 on: 05 January, 2019, 05:09:59 pm »

I’m fine with any stage as long as Electroplankton is banned. Hazards are ok with me aside from maybe Yellow Devil.

Five stocks, maybe?

I like FS Meter, but some characters benefit more than others. For instance,  Marth’s Final Smash with meter is kinda pathetic while Ganondorf’s is stupidly good (in my experience) so I can go either way on that.

I’m fine with items except for the Special Flag.

Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1388 on: 05 January, 2019, 05:56:44 pm »

3 is my personal preferred stock, but I'm fine with anything between 2-5. The only stages I don't like are the super big ones like Palutena's Tmeple and Great Cave Offensive.

I'm with MM on Meter. I think it depends on how many people/how many stock for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1389 on: 05 January, 2019, 06:02:40 pm »

I’m fine with any stage as long as Electroplankton is banned.
You speak my language fluently MM. This stage has been my bane since Brawl.
Report Spam   Logged
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1390 on: 05 January, 2019, 06:22:38 pm »

We should start up a chat whenever we play.
Report Spam   Logged
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1391 on: 05 January, 2019, 06:32:01 pm »

https://discord.gg/zMfvdj
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #1392 on: 05 January, 2019, 07:29:15 pm »

I think 3 stocks 8 minutes is the healthiest ruleset I've tried, with my time in as Iggy Koopa I've been thinking that FS meter is neat until people get tired of losing stocks to my paintbrush.

So next time I'll prob just do all shenanigans off sans hazards maybe, only stages I take off my rotation are the giants ones, most of the retro stuff and the boring FE/Kid Icarus stages.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1393 on: 05 January, 2019, 09:20:11 pm »

I’m fine with any stage as long as Electroplankton is banned. Hazards are ok with me aside from maybe Yellow Devil.
God that stage is the worst. I played it on Omega mode recently and there's just straight up no music because of how it's supposed to work. Terrible.

Also I like Yellow Devil but feel like he needs to come about half as often as he does. As it is you spend more time fighting him than the other people in the match. If you could turn him off specifically, that would be nice.

3 is my personal preferred stock
I like 3 ok for 1v1, but I think when it's more than that it's nice to have an extra stock just so you don't get knocked out in a flash.

I think the stages I've turned off are mostly the biggest ones (GCO is a meme and a half), Hanenbow, anything that's 2D (I find them too hard to look at), and then some stages I just hate like the IC stage and so on. I think I also turned off some redundant stuff? Like I only have one Animal Crossing stage on because what's the difference really?

In any case, I guess this is something we'll work out over time rather than all at once. Just thought I would bring it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1394 on: 06 January, 2019, 03:52:26 pm »

Right, so I started SotN last night.

I missed the very first save room and then died, so I got to do the Prologue twice. It was nice being able to sprint with Richter for all of two minutes. Also this version of the game straight up has a different translation so there's no "What is a man?" I guess, unless I'm dumb and that's from something else. I know that even in Japanese that isn't a thing (there was some interview where the guy quoted that line to Iga and Iga had no idea what he was talking about).

Slogra and Gaibon took me a few tries. The trigger for their trophy drop is a bit off, actually, because I killed the spear bird in one run but died to the flying dude. The next run I killed flying guy first and the trophy popped. So it just checks to see that you've killed both of them, not that they're both dead and you've won the fight. Amusing.

What's the justification for Alucard being able to use some of these subweapons? The knife and axe, sure. The Bible? Holy Water?

My favorite so far is the one where you just throw salt on enemies.

I made it into the Marble Gallery and kinda went as far as I could in two different directions before dying to really powerful enemies, so I don't know where to go next. Should be fun working all that out. I really want a weapon that isn't a shortsword, like, now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: