Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 01:36:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19945 times)
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1395 on: 06 January, 2019, 06:11:18 pm »

yeah this one uses the psp translation which is "better" but its actually not better at all

the justification for alucard being to use them is that no one in castlevania cares about the story he's half vampire i guess

And those are the ashes of saints not salt!
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1396 on: 06 January, 2019, 10:05:56 pm »

It looks like salt to me, so that's how I'll think of it.

I went back to the Outer Wall which was one of the places I died yesterday and avoided the huge purple knight that wrecked me. Went up this time and found the Soul of a Wolf, so I can be a wolf now. Not sure to what end other than jumping across gaps with low ceilings.

I also fought a reflection of myself, which was tough but I managed it somehow.

Took a trip to my local library where I met the merchant/bookkeeper dude. I bought a map from him and a spell (Dark Metamorphosis) that I don't understand how to use.

Stepped into the Clock Tower long enough to figure out I can't progress there. Found a thing that warps me to the other side of the castle. Backtracked to the Marble Gallery and went down through some long hallways that included a huge guy with a ball and chain and Cthulhu (?) For my troubles I found a shield potion and opened a path back to the area right before the Alchemy Lab.

Oh and at some point I did some more backtracking and found Sunglasses, which, cool.

Back to not knowing where to go. I feel like I need to figure out what to do as a wolf, but I might have missed a door somewhere, too.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1397 on: 07 January, 2019, 08:33:47 am »

Wolf isn't super useful right now for what its worth. Also all the spells using fighting game style commands and you can unlock them without buying them if you have the magic.

dark metamorphosis lets you heal if you make enemies bleed
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1398 on: 07 January, 2019, 08:43:23 am »

Yeah I figured out the inputs (makes me grateful that the game accepts joystick inputs as well as the d-pad), I just didn't know how the spell itself worked. I interpreted "shed blood" as kill stuff, but I guess maybe there's an actual bloodletting mechanic for certain weapons?
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1399 on: 07 January, 2019, 11:38:53 pm »

Ok, jeez, I kinda did a lot tonight.

I started slow because I was just wandering around not sure where to go. Everywhere I went was a dead end. It did let me get my bearings, though, which was nice.

Finally I went back to the shop because I figured I could spend more money on something and that's where I saw that the very first thing he sells is the thing that opens blue doors. Oops.

Made my way to the underground caverns pretty quickly after that. Beat Scylla with a sliver of my health left. Rode the river after that and emerged near the entrance. After that I went to the only other blue door I remembered off of the Alchemy Labs and ran into Maria again.

Ran through the Chapel after that. You get a trophy for going into the confessional.

That area is kinda nervewracking as there isn't really a save room before the boss I walked into, but I managed to beat the Hyppogryph anyway.

That area connected to the Castle Keep, which led to me getting double jump. Took that back to the Clock Tower, which is only less hellacious than the Rondo one because I have better weapons. Like, they even recreated the red room with the sword lords (that come back as sword ghosts). I found some mail that heals me by walking, so I spent like 5 minutes holding forward against a wall, and it's a good thing I did that because of course there was another boss. I used like all of my healing items but did manage to beat the raven dude. Beating him didn't give me anything useful other than a way up into Dracula's keep except oops the stairs are broken. So this is what I keep running into, lots of places where I need to be a bat.

I was back in the library for some reason and fought another boss, a demon of some sort. That area netted me a Holy Rod (of course I can use this) and an Ancient Ceremonial Stone Mask, which I am now wearing. There was also a mist grate that I need to remember to go back to.

After all that I finally decided to go back to the clock room and see if I could do anything there, and somehow I opened one of the side passages? I don't know if this opens automatically or if I accidentally opened it. Either way, I ended up in Olrox's quarters and eventually the Colosseum. Richter is thriving. The wolfman and the minotaur are not. Also I found what has to be the most overpowered subweapon in the game. It's like a lightning gun? Lightning happens, that's all I know. Also got the blood cloak and mist form.

I found a bunch of weapons tonight, too, but the Holy Rod appears to be the best one. It's fast and strong and I think it does extra damage to skeletons (?). I know the Shield Rod can be pretty overpowered but I'm not sure how to use it.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1400 on: 08 January, 2019, 06:51:26 pm »

Depends on the enemy type too. The bloody zombies bleed a lot.

Shield Rod is only broken with the right shield. If you equip it and a shield and then press both attack buttons at once you do a spell which is usually a buff of some sort.

did you appreciate the stone mask being in the library just like jojo because i didn't when i first played but i sure do now
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1401 on: 08 January, 2019, 11:15:06 pm »

did you appreciate the stone mask being in the library just like jojo because i didn't when i first played but i sure do now
yes

so I beat the game tonight. accidentally. twice.

I went back to the library and used mist form to get bat form, so then I went around going to all the places that I wanted to bat to. That eventually led me to the throne room, and oh hey, there's Richter. He really hurts, especially when he traps you in the corner with his dash attack and holy water. He kept blocking my subweapons too, which really annoyed me given that I had accidentally dropped my lightning gun. After getting wrecked multiple times I eventually decided to head back to the colosseum to get the lightning thing back. On my way, I flew up a long shaft right outside the teleporter in Olrox's quarters, which led me to, among other things, Olrox. He was also a hard fight, but I actually managed to beat him after finding the Estoc and the Sword familiar.

I have a lot of familiars now, too. Are any of them worth a damn other than the sword? I figured out the faerie points out secrets, but the ghost and demon just seem to float around and sometimes attack things.

After all that, I got the lightning gun back and went back to Richter, and with a lot of healing and a little luck, I killed him. And then the credits roll. And I know that's not how that's supposed to go down.

So I loaded my save file and started wandering around the map again.

I found some more wolf powers. I found another mist power. I found a long hallway covered in spikes that bat and mist wasn't enough to get through (I died a lot tonight).

I ended up back in the big clock room (where I would get the Gravity boots (why give you these after giving you bat form?)). I wanted to know how to get past the right statue, so I looked it up (I guess the Alucart set is for handicapping yourself? at this point in the game?). In looking that up, I heard tell about some rings and a set of armor that breaks spikes and an ape skeleton that I don't know when I would have found without looking it up.

Those catacombs sure are a place where terrible things are. The ark skeleton is a great enemy. The gremlins are not. I'm glad I thought to switch back to my holy rod at this point because I did not really like the Estoc. Not being able to slash while crouched is antithetical to my play style.

I'm also glad the sonar ability has a purpose? I guess only for that room, but it was neat. And so now I have the spike breaker armor. While I was down there, I kept wandering around and eventually stumbled into the Granfaloon (great name for a boss, especially that one). And that let me get the Mormegil (also the Icebrand somewhere along the line). I also picked up the holy armor at some point, both of which make me kind of a powerhouse against holy enemies, which... I can think of one that I had a pretty tough time with.

So I went back up to the chapel, walked down the hallway, and I guess Maria also has spiked armor. She ran off after finding out about Richter, and I thought she might have gone to confront him, so I figured I would go have a rematch.

Nope. Just the credits again, though the fight was lopsided in the other direction at least.

I stopped there, and I'm assuming I need to find Maria again as well as the other ring of course. I'm not really sure where to go now, though, and I don't want to keep sliding down that slope of looking things up. The only grey areas on my map are the rooms beyond the throne room and some areas that are submerged down in the underground caverns. I don't know how to swim, though, and I'm not sure if I have enough health to tank a dip?

Things to puzzle through tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1402 on: 09 January, 2019, 07:53:06 am »

Demon unlocks some very specific areas but not the ones you need. Ghost mostly is used for health absorption. Sword is by far the best one.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1403 on: 09 January, 2019, 08:08:59 am »

All right, good to know.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1404 on: 10 January, 2019, 12:04:40 am »

The trophy for killing Succubus is called "You're Tearing Me Apart, Lisa!"
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1405 on: 10 January, 2019, 02:54:55 am »

that is incredible
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1406 on: 10 January, 2019, 07:54:52 am »

Also I almost killed Richter again because I was talking to a friend and had one eye on the MMX relay, so I didn't notice the Shaft orb until he went into desperation mode. Was really scared my familiar was going to kill him.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1407 on: 10 January, 2019, 10:19:05 am »

The trophy for killing Succubus is called "You're Tearing Me Apart, Lisa!"

oh my god
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1408 on: 13 January, 2019, 05:31:19 pm »

have you played enough sotn to appreciate this video yet

Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1409 on: 13 January, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »

On a pretty basic level, I'd say so. Not sure if there's a more specific reference there.

I haven't played all weekend unfortunately. Hoping to get back into it tomorrow and throughout the week.

I kind of just started playing FFIX, so, oops. That'll probably take a while to get through, but I'm gonna try and make it a chill "here and there" sort of thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: