Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 02:26:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19817 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1665 on: 13 January, 2020, 09:07:27 am »

Was playing Breath of the Wild over the weekend. I'm working on the DLC stuff, so I went back to the plateau and did the One-Hit Obliterator trials, which were interesting. Then I ventured over to the desert because it was the closest and went through the trials of Urbosa. The extra shrines aren't anything more exciting than the others, but the re-fight with Thunderblight was fun (he kicked my ass the first time). And reducing the cooldown on each champion's special abilities is a pretty nice reward.

Not exactly sure where I want to go next, but I'm leaning toward doing the trials of Revali so I have an excuse to explore the northwestern mountain range finally. Got a little sidetracked hunting down some of the costumes they added. I wish they would let you upgrade those. I'd totally rock the Phantom Ganon outfit all the time if it had more defense.

Also I have I think 105 of the base-game shrines completed. I'm at the point where I probably ought to turn the Shrine-tracker back on, but I'm going to wait until I've gone around Hebra before I do that.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1666 on: 14 January, 2020, 04:57:16 pm »

I never touched the DLC for that game weirdly enough. The bike seemed cool but I unno, nothing jumped out as "oh I need to grab that."
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1667 on: 14 January, 2020, 11:15:43 pm »

Yeah I don't know if it adds much to what already feels like it was a complete experience, but as someone who has been looking for any reason not to beat the game, it's nice to have extra reasons to hang around places. Plus, costumes are fun.

I can't understate how much I love the environments in this game. I've spent much of the past two nights trudging around the Tabantha snowfields and skirting the base of the Hebra mountains. I'm taking a spiral approach to my ascent, trying to explore as much of the bottom of the mountain as I can before moving upward. It also feels really nice actually having adequate snowgear. Whenever I was in the Lanayru mountains or the Gerudo Highlands, I hadn't been to Rito village yet, so I was relying on fire weapons and minimal warm clothing to help me survive. Now I'm more free to explore without haste and without worrying about taking hits from enemies. I can enjoy the whiteout, the wind, the crunch of the snow. It's great.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1668 on: 16 January, 2020, 08:18:48 am »

in the future, Sakurai will reveal that all of us were, in fact, Fire Emblem characters, all along
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1669 on: 16 January, 2020, 09:15:56 am »

I feel like I have to have gotten every Shrine in the Hebra region after last night. I was exceedingly thorough in my trek over and around the mountains, and by the end I came back to Rito Village with 13 spirit orbs. I'm now 3 hearts away from having two complete rows. However I think I'm sitting at something like 114 shrines. So if there are only 120 shrines, then that would leave me one heart short. Unless there's a heart container out there that I haven't gotten.

In any case, I have Revali's Gale+, and my next stop on the Champion's Ballad trail will be Death Mountain. But before that, I'm going to make a stop in Central Hyrule. There are a number of costumes hidden there, but more importantly, I've decided to make a stop in Hyrule Castle. There are several side quests that I've had since the very beginning of the game that point me in there, and I also know that the Hylian Shield is in there somewhere. And the last memory also appears to be on the ramparts. So there are a number of things that I would like to have and use throughout the remainder of my journey that are in there. Waiting to enter the Castle until I'm ready to defeat Ganon would be an act of self-deprivation.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1670 on: 16 January, 2020, 04:58:26 pm »

in the future, Sakurai will reveal that all of us were, in fact, Fire Emblem characters, all along

i legit laughed when i saw who it was, his fuckin face when he revealed the poster, he knew what he was doing

edelgard byleth alt is really good oops im gonna use this character and FINALLY a different down b, no more counters please
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1671 on: 16 January, 2020, 05:24:59 pm »

Yeah there was no question. I expected it from the moment the announcement went up with that image.

But watching the gameplay, I couldn't help but think "Y'know, it least it's a different moveset, and they even have a tether recovery. Maybe they'll be fun to play."

Plus with how much people are into FE3H, the internet can't actually be as mad as it seems to be.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1672 on: 16 January, 2020, 06:13:19 pm »

you would think the confirmation of six more characters would be enough but hey people gonna be mad

also CUPHEADCUPHEADCUPHEADCUPHEAD
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1673 on: 16 January, 2020, 07:37:40 pm »

Six more characters and two more years of patches, presumably. Granted it would really be nice to hear about some improvements to Nintendo's online infrastructure, but Sakurai has a finite amount of miracles he can be responsible for.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1674 on: 17 January, 2020, 09:23:05 am »

Having stepped onto the grounds of Hyrule Castle for the first time, I feel entirely justified in waiting to complete this area last. It's excellent. It's an actual dungeon. The music, the layout, it all nearly sucked me in. But I was there for a reason, and having accomplished that, I left. I got the Shield, I got some Royal Guard weapons, and I found the shrine down by the docks. I didn't find the recipe book, but I also didn't make it to the kitchen. I don't know why I'm particularly excited by the thought that I could ride a horse all the way up to the keep, like Gandalf ascending Minas Tirith on Shadowfax.

I look forward to returning. Before I do, I'm gonna need a better strategy for the flying guardians.

I now sit at 118 shrines (I miscounted yesterday, which means there's only 1 more heart I can obtain from Spirit Orbs). My Shrine Sensor is on, and I'll be running around Goron and Zora territory again. After that I guess I'll look for empty spots on the map and have a wander.

My armor sets are all in pretty decent shape. I need more dragon materials for the champion's tunic (though I don't know if I'll wear it). Need plenty more Lynel parts. And then after all that, I'll go take on the final trial for the Master Sword.

Then it will be time.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1675 on: 17 January, 2020, 03:46:59 pm »

youre making me want to play this game again
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1676 on: 17 January, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »

Y'know I wish it was easier to do that. In a world where I could just make a new file instead of a new profile, I don't know that it would have taken me so long to finish the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1677 on: 18 January, 2020, 01:33:00 pm »

I had to go back to the castle. Found a rumor about a Royal Guard costume and decided I needed it. I also realized I had forgotten to find the final memory, and I'm glad I did that. Also glad I found the King's Journal because it pretty heavily re-contextualizes that scene.

Before that, I did the Trials of Rudania. Death Mountain is a huge area that feels small, relative to the rest of the game, because of how much lava there is. I am growing concerned about my chances to actually find these last two shrines without first breaking down and just looking them up. We'll see, though. We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1678 on: 19 January, 2020, 08:49:58 am »

Y'know I wish it was easier to do that. In a world where I could just make a new file instead of a new profile, I don't know that it would have taken me so long to finish the game.

yeah this is a big factor and its still something that strikes me as odd about the game
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1679 on: 19 January, 2020, 11:52:08 am »

I finished all the Champion Trials, and now I have been called back to the Shrine of Resurrection for something. But I haven't gone yet.

I found the second to last shrine. It was one very close to Kakariko Village that I hadn't done somehow.

Now I am in a situation where I've found 119 out of 120 shrines all by myself. And this map is so big.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: