Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19738 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1725 on: 30 April, 2020, 12:01:06 am »

I am 6 chapters deep into hard mode for FFVII. I kinda expected the boss of chapter 5 to be the first big hurdle, but by virtue of knowing how to fight it from normal mode, it was pretty easy. If the chapter 7 boss doesn't give me trouble, then I'm fully expecting that one boss in chapter 9 to be a bottleneck.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1726 on: 22 September, 2020, 07:10:30 pm »

Play Hades.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1727 on: 23 September, 2020, 11:22:19 pm »

I'm gonna.

I just need to play Transistor and Pyre first.

But also I'm playing Mario Odyssey right now.

But hopefully I will have played Hades before the end of October.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1728 on: 25 September, 2020, 11:33:04 am »

It has been a while since I regularly posted in this topic, and this is why:

https://subjunctivitis.com/2020/09/25/every-game-i-played-in-2019/

I thought, back in April, that I was close to finishing this. And then 2020 kept happening.

If you skip to the end (there's a table of contents), you'll see that my conclusion is I want to do what I do here, video game journaling, over on my blog. I don't think that means I would stop posting here. I think this is a good space for initial thoughts and drafts. But you can tell from a lot of the stuff I repurposed from this topic that I spend enough time writing these posts that they might as well go on my actual blog.

Anyway, I've got to catch up at some point on things I've played over the summer, including Carrion, Origami King, Ghost of Tsushima, and now Mario Odyssey. Also Fall Guys, and I've gotten back into Overwatch.

So, soon. Maybe.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1729 on: 25 September, 2020, 11:43:18 am »

good content

Proud to be a draft reader here.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #1730 on: 27 September, 2020, 06:51:39 pm »

good content

Proud to be a draft reader here.
Same here.

Also Overwatch seems like it’s in a good state right now which is nice to hear after the lackluster seasons and metas it has been having
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1731 on: 28 September, 2020, 10:38:30 am »

Oddly enough, it is. People have been saying this is the most balanced the game has been since GOATs, which makes sense because recent balance patches have basically reverted most of the damage and healing buffs that were made in that era. Lots of heroes feel viable with a fair bit of map dependency, which feels like what the game is supposed to be. It's wild.

There are still some outliers. The counter to a good Widow is still generally another Widow, and Orisa feels pretty weak right now. The saddest thing is that playing Zen is borderline throwing if the enemy team has a single person who realizes you exist. I'm trying to find a way to make him work, but it's tough. Playing support hasn't been very fun lately.

But that's ok because for the first time in my OW life, I've been primarily queuing for Damage. Playing a lot of Reaper, a lot of Hanzo and Ashe, some Mei, some McCree. I'll go Torb or Symm if it's the right spot, and if all else fails, there's Soldier. Playing DPS has been a bit of a revelation for my friends and I because these are the teammates we most often complained about 'cause y'know you get that Shimada who doesn't switch when needed. And for the most part, we actually do switch. So we'll get more wins, and the losses don't feel too bad. Quickplay is still plagued by leavers and smurfs, and I feel like we're inching toward just playing comp. I need to do my DPS placements. I was gold last time, so that should hold steady.

I did Tank placements last season and was still Plat. Zarya feels as good as ever. I'm trying to relearn Sigma with everything that's been changed about him in the past year. And my ongoing side project is learning to play Ball, which is fun even when I fail.

I should say that the "While You Wait" feature they added makes the DPS queue worthwhile. Being able to jump into deathmatch or something wacky in the game browser makes a big difference compared to waiting 5-7 minutes to find a match.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1732 on: 03 October, 2020, 06:22:56 pm »

The minecraft character's moveset is so disrespectful.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1733 on: 04 October, 2020, 12:44:53 am »

It looks fun but also designed in a way specifically to drive me nuts. I'm def in awe of Sakurai going "I guess I will make a crafting system for my fighting game."

bomberman mii lookin good
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1734 on: 05 October, 2020, 11:25:57 pm »

Yeah, I can't think of many devs who would think up a mining and crafting system for a character that explicitly requires retouching 100 stages to make it work and then deciding, yes, we will go ahead and do that.

I played Transistor last week, and I've started Pyre this week. These are very good games. I've had a few games lately hit me with that feeling of "I'm pretty far into this game now, but I don't feel like I'm having as much fun as when I first started playing it." And I think a lot of that is that I enjoy the phase of figuring out what the game is. Supergiant games seem to go against that, though. Probably a big part of that is that maybe games are too long. But also these people just know how to make the hell out of a dang video game.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

Space is Deep

« Reply #1735 on: 06 October, 2020, 08:55:37 pm »

games are extremely too long in almost every case

I bought Bastion and Transistor on Switch. At some point they will get slotted into the play scheduled. I have no idea when.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1736 on: 06 October, 2020, 09:51:37 pm »

Neither game is very long. They'll be good for a weekend where you just want to play something different.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1737 on: 08 October, 2020, 11:39:46 pm »

when you meet the secret leader of your group and this is his theme

it's hard not to think "oh i think he might be the bad guy"
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1738 on: 15 October, 2020, 09:16:49 am »

Been playing Risk of Rain 2 a fair bit with some friends. It's fun, if a bit mindless. We just unlocked the Artifact of Command, which lets us choose our items, so that should make for some fun builds. I've landed on the Artificer as my go-to character. They remind me of playing Warlock in Destiny. I did a solo run on drizzle so I could actually beat the game last night, so I'll probably give the captain a run next time I play.

Pyre continues to be great. I'm midway through my third cycle of rites, and I'm curious how long the game will actually go. I've still yet to lose a rite, and it's at the point where I almost want it to happen just so I can lose the pressure.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1739 on: 23 October, 2020, 12:00:24 am »

I've finished Pyre, and it is one of my favorite games. Can't put it simpler than that, but I'll try to figure out some more to say about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: