Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:59:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

random games

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: random games  (Read 19739 times)
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1785 on: 17 March, 2021, 12:11:19 pm »

fffff ancient gods part 2 tomorrow, i'm not ready dangit
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1786 on: 22 March, 2021, 12:12:21 am »

My ongoing project in Valheim has been a recreation of Meduseld, the Golden Hall at Edoras.

What it lacks in adornment, I feel it makes up for in shape and feel. I'm reasonably pleased with my efforts.
Report Spam   Logged

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1787 on: 04 April, 2021, 12:47:01 pm »

Not games, but I have now watched all of Legendary's Monsterverse movies.

I rewatched Godzilla 2014, which I still really like as a movie. The main character is whatever, but the way that movie actually treats and shows the monsters is probably the best of any of these films. It does so many cool things with perspective and scale. Also the sound design rules.

Kong: Skull Island is also super good. It's got characters I actually cared about even though they're a little thin on paper. Some of the shots in that movie are just incredible.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is a really dumb movie. They looked at the 2014 film and said "Right, so the best things to take away from this are echolocation and tragic dads. Also man is a virus or something." It also tries to bring the overall tone of Kong in which kinda just translates to Bradley Whitford making a bunch of bad jokes. The monster fights are fun enough to merit watching. Oh also, Charles Dance is in this movie and somehow doesn't matter at all.

Finally, Godzilla vs. Kong. First of all, I feel like Kong had more screentime, which immediately disappoints me because I'm #TeamGodzilla. Secondly, this movie barely, barely has a plot, which is ridiculous given how many characters they attempt to have in this film. It would have been a lot better if MBB and co's plotline was just deleted from the script, but I guess they left it in because she's Godzilla's POV character? Except she doesn't actually do that. There's no tragic dads, but Bryan Tyree Henry's wife is fridged prior to the events of the film. Anyway, the "vs." part of the film is again worth it. This was thankfully the shortest film in the franchise.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1788 on: 05 April, 2021, 05:35:50 pm »

We should all probably discuss these movies at some point during our next DS3 session.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1789 on: 05 April, 2021, 07:27:29 pm »

That is a good idea.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1790 on: 07 April, 2021, 09:19:02 pm »

i am down

I haven't watched the first one since it came out so my memory is rusty but I do recall enjoying it. I liked all of them to varying degrees.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1791 on: 18 April, 2021, 10:33:40 pm »

My long-awaited replay of Sekiro is proceeding smoothly, the only wrinkle being that every fight I approach with trepidation I one-shot and every fight I approach with confidence I die multiple times.

Genichiro? Guardian Ape? The shamasin lady? All down in one.

The red-eyed ogre? Gyoubu? The double ape fight? Apparently those didn't sink in as well back when I did them the first time.

Owl is next. We'll see how that one goes.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1792 on: 19 April, 2021, 10:40:21 pm »

He took 4 tries.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1793 on: 24 April, 2021, 01:53:05 am »

The first phase of the Sword Saint fight is easily the hardest. His attacks become so much more readable when he has the spear out, and then in phase 3 you get free damage off of lightning reversals. When he's only using his sword, his attacks have this weird rhythm, and he's also got that one thrust that's the fastest thrust in the game. He put me through my paces tonight, but as soon as I got to his second health bar, it was over.

I think I'm going to do the first gauntlet of strength and then start NG+. I was thinking about doing a Shura run, but maybe it makes sense to do another full run to max out the upgrades first? Rather than waiting until NG++ to do that?

The only main ending I have left is the one where Kuro dies. What order did you do things in, Youef?
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1794 on: 25 April, 2021, 01:49:44 am »

First gauntlet down. Inner Genichiro took me like 2 hours to beat just practicing, and then another hour once I was actually running the gauntlet itself. It was like relearning the fight from the ground up, and even more so than the regular version, a small mistake can mean death. I got pretty lucky on the run that I managed to beat it.

Now I'm in NG+. I've killed Gyoubu and Lady Butterfly and I haven't died yet. I also beat Genichiro in the prologue. We'll see how long this lasts.
Report Spam   Logged

Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1795 on: 25 April, 2021, 02:08:13 am »

I know I did the Dragon’s Homecoming ending first. Fairly certain I did Shura after that, then either Purification or Immortal Severance, though I don’t remember the order of the last two. I spent the last maybe hour or so grinding to upgrade all of my skills as well.

My favorite playthroughs were all of my subsequent ones. I think I had like one death in my very last playthrough, and it felt satisfying to have come that far, especially when the game gave me so much trouble my first time through.
Report Spam   Logged
Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1796 on: 26 April, 2021, 03:32:03 pm »

Nice.

Well my deathless run ended on the steps of Ashina Castle because I was careless fighting that one general and got shot in the back. I also died to the monkey horde in Bodhisattva Valley, which was dumb.

But now I've killed the ape and I'm gonna go down into the depths next. Doing Senpou Temple last for once, just to see what that's like.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1797 on: 26 April, 2021, 11:21:29 pm »

Doing Senpou Temple last for once, just to see what that's like.
Super annoying, as it turns out. The ghosts that show up at sunset are way more annoying there than they are at either of the other two places.

Beat the Shura ending tonight. Nice as it was to sit there and learn some new bosses, I definitely felt terrible about it. Which is why I'm glad I get to play again for, apparently, two more endings. According to Steam I don't have the trophy for Dragon's Homecoming? Even though I did that my first playthrough. I'm a little annoyed, but there are worse games to have to play again.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #1798 on: 31 August, 2021, 09:21:55 am »

I've been annoyed at this site ever since my theme changer stopped working. It's not the same without the Christmas theme.
Also the read/unread indicators seem to be broken on the front page.

Anyway, what have I done since I was playing Sekiro in April.

A whole season of Destiny came and went. Now we're in the second week of a 6-month season leading up to Witch Queen. So far, so good.

I also played through the whole Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Those games hold up for the most part. I tried being less of a cop this time but still was mostly Paragon. Successfully romanced someone this time around, so that alone made replaying worthwhile. Also I didn't realize this, but there's a backstory where Shepard's mom is alive and you get to talk to her like once a game. There were a few small things like that I found this time around.

After that, I picked up Darkest Dungeon. A streamer I follow had been playing it a fair bit, and I've always had a passing interest in the game, but never picked it up for some reason. I want to go on record as saying that game rules. I should be nearing the end of my first playthrough. I've got 2 region bosses left and then 2 more missions in the DD. Hasn't been a flawless run by any means, but I've mostly avoided catastrophe. I might try playing Stygian or Bloodmoon next time. Maybe.

That's pretty much it. Apex probably fills in any gaps in my gaming otherwise.

Also watched Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, and the EVA rebuilds, and I'm keeping up with MHA even though I feel like that show is getting progressively dumber. There's some stuff that keeps me watching, but I dunno. It might lose me depending on how the season wraps up.
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1799 on: 31 August, 2021, 02:32:15 pm »

I'm on ME2 currently and its still a blast. I was a renegade my original playthrough so I have instead ended up being more of a cop this time to counter. I miss the freedom of hanging up on people and punching people though.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 [120] 121   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: