Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 05:11:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

So, the Bleach manga ended today.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, the Bleach manga ended today.  (Read 281 times)
Willard, Lord of The Shrubs
Your Lord and Master; One of the 6 keepers of Random Junk
Flame Spirit

Username: Willard
Mood: Sleepy

Oh yes.

« on: 18 August, 2016, 02:35:02 pm »

Pretty disappointing. I have been reading Bleach for years, and expected the grand finale to at least wrap up the character arcs in a satisfying way, but there are so many loose ends that are never addressed. The entire ending felt very rushed, and not like it got the attention it deserved. Maybe it's mainly nostalgia talking, but I just don't think the last half / two thirds of the final arc really stack up to all the story that came before, and especially the final chapter. It truly feels like an ending that was both a scramble to produce last minute, and a compromise.

Guess I'm looking for recommendations for obscenely long manga to fill the void.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2016, 03:22:09 pm »

like, i've never even read bleach, was there any reason for the vandenreich arc to even really exist? like, would it have left any plot threads hanging if bleach had ended before that even started? from an outsider's perspective, it looked like kubo wanted to stall that manga out as much as possible and the execs just went "no, fuck you, this manga ends here" lol

hop on the one piece ship with the rest of us if you haven't (speaking of which, I need to check the new chapter)
Report Spam   Logged

ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2016, 03:48:15 pm »

I liked Nevermind and In Utero better.

Read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, its super long and still ongoing and is as good now as its ever been.
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »

Going to be perfectly honest, the last arc was just a masterclass in how Kubo was a terrible writer with horrible pacing issues, and the fact that he was forced into a terrible, generic ending only puts the cherry on top.

If you really want to read a long manga that gets translated on the regular, my advice would be to look into Ushio & Tora, and Karakuri Circus.
Report Spam   Logged

Flame Spirit

Oh yes.

« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2016, 04:31:48 pm »

like, i've never even read bleach, was there any reason for the vandenreich arc to even really exist? like, would it have left any plot threads hanging if bleach had ended before that even started? from an outsider's perspective, it looked like kubo wanted to stall that manga out as much as possible and the execs just went "no, fuck you, this manga ends here" lol

hop on the one piece ship with the rest of us if you haven't (speaking of which, I need to check the new chapter)

Seems like that's pretty much exactly what went down. The only reason I can think of for NOT ending the story before that arc was because of the built up expectations for character growth which, whoops, didn't really come to pass.

Yeah, I've been avoiding One Piece for a while, not entirely sure why. I think I read a couple hundred chapters or so then stopped without continuing... no idea where I left off or what was happening. Will probably just start from the beginning!

I liked Nevermind and In Utero better.

Read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, its super long and still ongoing and is as good now as its ever been.

Never heard of either, although I've watched the first three seasons of JoJo with a friend and while I thought the first and second season were better done I really do like the series as a whole...
Report Spam   Logged

Flame Spirit

Oh yes.

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

Going to be perfectly honest, the last arc was just a masterclass in how Kubo was a terrible writer with horrible pacing issues, and the fact that he was forced into a terrible, generic ending only puts the cherry on top.

If you really want to read a long manga that gets translated on the regular, my advice would be to look into Ushio & Tora, and Karakuri Circus.

You're not kidding. I guess it's just painful to see a good idea like Bleach, which had it's moments, end with such anticlimax.

Excellent, more suggestions to look into!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: