Ultimate Paradise
07 December, 2021, 12:37:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Nioh

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nioh  (Read 139 times)
Styles
Lateral Diagonal
Sacred Warrior

Mood: Restless

All the cool kids are doing it.

« on: 07 February, 2017, 12:29:17 am »

^that's an accurate description of the ones saying that.

I mean, Team Ninja is no slouch when it comes to difficulty but this isn't that bad. I hate to compare it to Soulsborne but it's an appropriate reference imo. The game feels like Bloodborne's first cousin, but it has its own depths and complexities in the combat however to make it stand out and not be overshadowed. Souls, to me, can feel tired after a while. But I think that's where the appeal comes from because players can always know what to expect from their build and center their gameplay around that fact. NiOh adds more variables to Bloodborne's equation, is what I'm trying to say. The core combat may not feel as "weighty" as Bloodborne's as a result. MAY not.

The yokai system, different weapons encouraging different playstyles, and stance system makes it an interesting take on the action rpg formula. It adds a layer of strategy to battles and while it may seem overwhelming and "difficult", it eases you into all of the mechanics in a beautiful manner. Its variety and customization is what intrigues me. I haven't had the opportunity to get too far because I have to wait on the legit full release, but so far this game is shaping up to be an excellent addition to Sony's IP lineup.

Team Ninja has always been one of my favorite companies and it's very pleasing to see them return to form here. Definitely getting some Ninja Gaiden Black vibes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: