Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 06:02:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mass Effect Andromeda

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda  (Read 351 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« on: 16 March, 2017, 12:27:52 am »

Like, Bioware's (or EA, really, but it's been this way for so long that I'd bet a lot of Bioware's design staff deserves some of the blame too) been on this trend where they've predominately been dealing in (generally) polished, yet paint-by-numbers, uninspired titles based on the same few IPs, which they been progressively streamlining and fitting to a more general AAA mold. I kinda think of Bioware in the same way I think of Ubisoft, but far less egregious.

But there's something about Andromeda that specifically bugs me. Like, that's a universe that goes beyond Shepard, clearly, but the appeal of that franchise is indelibly tied to that original trilogy where the final payoff is the snowballing of events and decisions that affect the setting, the cast, etc at the conclusion (with one obvious exception). I don't really give much of a shit about Mass Effect, but there's something about bringing it back without regarding that context that seems super iffy, like this is more about a quick buck than unfinished business with that setting. I'd have more confidence in that game were it not parallel to how they've basically turned Dragon Age into this interconnected series of games that don't actually follow a general arc or have concrete progression such that they can just keep recycling that franchise indefinitely rather than doing anything new or interesting. I dunno, I just cannot get hyped for this game.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: