Ultimate Paradise
18 April, 2024, 06:30:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

This is an attempt to make things right.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is an attempt to make things right.  (Read 1705 times)
the poncho
M-M-M-MASSIVE FAGGOT.
Internet Addict

Username: the poncho
Mood: Happy

Liberty or Death

« on: 17 August, 2007, 03:17:14 pm »

CoS. TIA. Two boards on one forum. They essentially were made for the same purpose: To have fun. To escape your reality and enter a new one, where your friends are superpowered badasses and your foes are... well, superpowered badasses. The only difference? One is realistic, one is everything but.

For a while now, we Clashers have come over to this board, attempting to RP, something that is nigh unheard of over at CoS. However, when we post topics, or post in them, we usually get nothing but ridicule, or nothing at all. A select few users of TIA have been kind enough to RP with us, but even then only for a few posts. After which our topics/posts are tossed aside like and old blankey, never regarded again.

I'm sitting here at my desk, writing this, to change all that. Here we have a free board, with little limitations. Why should we be restricted then by social ridicule? I'm not saying we at CoS are perfect, not at all. We too are at fault. What we call standard is called god-modding here, so naturally, some people, including myself, slip up. However, all that means is that we have to remember where we are posting, not be completely disregarded.

I'm not trying to recruit for CoS. Nobody should be forced into something they have no interest in. What I am trying to do is make it so that Clashers can come here and RP, and TIA-ers can go to CoS and join if they wish without being judged.

This has been said by many before me about everything in this world, but why can't we just get along?
Report Spam   Logged

Smiley

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:20:05 pm »

Truer words have never been spoken....but I'm afraid this topic may turn into an ugly argument...
Report Spam   Logged

5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:20:25 pm »

I don't see the problems...
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
the poncho
M-M-M-MASSIVE FAGGOT.
Internet Addict

Liberty or Death

« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:21:32 pm »

Truer words have never been spoken....but I'm afraid this topic may turn into an ugly argument...

Things always get worse before they get better.

I don't see the problems...

Look harder, they're there. Perhaps you don't see the rats because you aren't looking in the sewers?
« Last Edit: 17 August, 2007, 03:23:52 pm by Poncho » Report Spam   Logged

Smiley
5BASS
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Disappointed

I'm5Bass

« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:22:23 pm »

Well, arguments are stupid anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Proud owner of the "First Person To Leave Dmax Speechless" Badge

Current mood is disappointed because I thought I saw the option to be "intoxicated"...
Davidk92
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: ...

« Reply #5 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:23:43 pm »

CoS. TIA. Two boards on one forum. They essentially were made for the same purpose: To have fun. To escape your reality and enter a new one, where your friends are superpowered badasses and your foes are... well, superpowered badasses. The only difference? One is realistic, one is everything but.

For a while now, we Clashers have come over to this board, attempting to RP, something that is nigh unheard of over at CoS. However, when we post topics, or post in them, we usually get nothing but ridicule, or nothing at all. A select few users of TIA have been kind enough to RP with us, but even then only for a few posts. After which our topics/posts are tossed aside like and old blankey, never regarded again.

I'm sitting here at my desk, writing this, to change all that. Here we have a free board, with little limitations. Why should we be restricted then by social ridicule? I'm not saying we at CoS are perfect, not at all. We too are at fault. What we call standard is called god-modding here, so naturally, some people, including myself, slip up. However, all that means is that we have to remember where we are posting, not be completely disregarded.

I'm not trying to recruit for CoS. Nobody should be forced into something they have no interest in. What I am trying to do is make it so that Clashers can come here and RP, and TIA-ers can go to CoS and join if they wish without being judged.

This has been said by many before me about everything in this world, but why can't we just get along?

I agree.
Report Spam   Logged

the poncho
M-M-M-MASSIVE FAGGOT.
Internet Addict

Liberty or Death

« Reply #6 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:24:59 pm »

Doc, we can't just handle everything by deleting it, pretending it never happened! Things have been so far from resolved that you can;t even see the light at the end of the tunnel! We need to work this out.
Report Spam   Logged

Smiley
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #7 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:25:21 pm »

*argues*

To tell the truth, I've never had any problem with the CoSers. I mean, look at one of the super major members of my dojo: Gar. Isn't he like....an ex-CoSer? And I get along with Doc and Hawk just fine.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Refreshed

Do you earnestly think you can defeat me?

« Reply #8 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:25:29 pm »

*posts in poncho's topic*
Report Spam   Logged
Doctorworm
The Thunderbird
Legendary Member

Username: Doc
Mood: Tired

Still Technically here

« Reply #9 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:27:04 pm »

Doc, we can't just handle everything by deleting it, pretending it never happened! Things have been so far from resolved that you can;t even see the light at the end of the tunnel! We need to work this out.

Doc:... its not like all that happened was it got deleted T-T...
Report Spam   Logged

the poncho
M-M-M-MASSIVE FAGGOT.
Internet Addict

Liberty or Death

« Reply #10 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:28:08 pm »

I agree.

Thank you for that David.

*argues*

To tell the truth, I've never had any problem with the CoSers. I mean, look at one of the super major members of my dojo: Gar. Isn't he like....an ex-CoSer? And I get along with Doc and Hawk just fine.

Gar is one of our highest standing members, and Doc and Hawk were accepted here before all this began. Actually, ZeldaFan, you are one of the few people here who DON'T ignore us. So also, thank you for that.
Report Spam   Logged

Smiley
the poncho
M-M-M-MASSIVE FAGGOT.
Internet Addict

Liberty or Death

« Reply #11 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:29:55 pm »

*fires Aura Sphere at Judg*
Report Spam   Logged

Smiley
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:31:52 pm »

*dodges*

*blows up the world by snapping my fingers*
Report Spam   Logged
zeldafan42
If you want to get back in touch, find me on tumblr
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: ZeldaFan
Mood: Curious

A nostalgic wind blows....

« Reply #13 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:33:03 pm »

*argues*

Gar is one of our highest standing members, and Doc and Hawk were accepted here before all this began. Actually, ZeldaFan, you are one of the few people here who DON'T ignore us. So also, thank you for that.

You're welcome.
I try my hardest to pay attention to everyone. I'm a nice person by nature.
Still....one girl can only handle so many characters at one time. *sweatdrops*

Now if you'll excuse me, the episode where Lee pwns Sasuke is about to come on, and I really want to watch it. So don't be surprised if I don't pay much attention for the next 30 minutes.

*dodges*

Aura Sphere never misses.
Duh.
Report Spam   Logged
Judgment Angel Zero
*funny coment*
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 17 August, 2007, 03:34:31 pm »

*argues*

You're welcome.
I try my hardest to pay attention to everyone. I'm a nice person by nature.
Still....one girl can only handle so many characters at one time. *sweatdrops*

Now if you'll excuse me, the episode where Lee pwns Sasuke is about to come on, and I really want to watch it. So don't be surprised if I don't pay much attention for the next 30 minutes.

*dodges*

Aura Sphere never misses.
Duh.
*still blows up the world*
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: