Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 09:05:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

There is a new Smash Bros

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There is a new Smash Bros  (Read 915 times)
Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #30 on: 18 August, 2018, 06:03:00 pm »

I was thinking about this today. Going by the recent trend, almost all of the main franchises have their “rival”/“villain” dynamic going now, except for F-Zero, Fire Emblem, and Earthbound. I think Pikmin and Earthbound will just have straight up non-playable boss villains though. Not sure about Animal Crossing.

Mario and Bowser.
Yoshi and Bowser Jr.
Samus and Ridley.
DK and K. Rool.
Fox and Wolf.
Kirby and Dedede.
Link and Ganon.
Pokémon and Mewtwo.
Pit and Dark Pit (I think).

This opens up the possibility of Black Shadow or Deathborn (preferably Black Shadow) (or Samurai Goroh, even) being a playable character. We may also get an 8th Fire Emblem character in the Black Knight as well. This new mode they are teasing is obviously related to some story/Subspace Emissary 2 type deal and I imagine they are going all in with it with Heroes vs. Villains. At least, that’s what I like to think.

Anything to get Black Shadow in...PLEASE.
Report Spam   Logged
HyperOmar
乱斗最後の将 Last General of Ranto
Knight

I'm: ...
Stand: ...
Username: HyperOmar
Mood: Kuudere

儚さこそ、美しけれ

« Reply #31 on: 19 August, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »

This new mode they are teasing is obviously related to some story/Subspace Emissary 2 type deal
I'm not sure of this myself. If there's an actual story to the game I would expect Sakurai to try and hype it up from the very beginning like he did in Brawl.
So far we've been shown boss characters and stages that look like would work in an Adventure Mode kind of thing, but they've been presented so nonchalantly I doubt it will be that big of a deal (the new mode was basically "hey there's this new thing, but we'll talk about it later").
As for the Heroes vs. Villains thing I think has to do more with the fact every character has its own Story Mode set of stages so it's fitting.
Report Spam   Logged

Z911
Your Pal
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Awesome
Mood: Devilish

« Reply #32 on: 19 August, 2018, 11:02:54 pm »

I'd love for really more F-Zero representation in general to get in, like hell I'll take fucking QQQ or the alien taxi driver guy for god's sake.
Report Spam   Logged

Scourge the Hedgehog
Intergalactic Renegade
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Masterman
Mood: Yandere

Yes.

« Reply #33 on: 19 August, 2018, 11:51:59 pm »

lmfao QQQ

This new mode they are teasing is obviously related to some story/Subspace Emissary 2 type deal
I'm not sure of this myself. If there's an actual story to the game I would expect Sakurai to try and hype it up from the very beginning like he did in Brawl.
So far we've been shown boss characters and stages that look like would work in an Adventure Mode kind of thing, but they've been presented so nonchalantly I doubt it will be that big of a deal (the new mode was basically "hey there's this new thing, but we'll talk about it later").
As for the Heroes vs. Villains thing I think has to do more with the fact every character has its own Story Mode set of stages so it's fitting.
Perhaps you're right. I actually liked Subspace Emissary so I'd love for it to return but yeah, it's probably an expanded Melee Adventure Mode type deal.

Also, some people have been buzzing about this but apparently Fire Emblem's Black Knight was removed from the Castle Siege throne and has been replaced by a generic Fire Emblem general class guy. Interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: