Ultimate Paradise
19 April, 2024, 07:18:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Blackout: The Rising

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackout: The Rising  (Read 1497 times)
White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« on: 03 September, 2007, 07:37:06 pm »

Part 2 of my Role-play.

Rules remain the smae. don't make a character if you don't intend to post. Try to make decent posts in both length and quality. Short posts are accepted but don't be an idiot and make posts with absolutly no relevance. If you want to join, make a character. It was said before but if you're not sure whether or not your character survived PM me.

If you did die and want to return as an enemy PM me about that as well.

--------------------

Story

As the dust settled and Excalibur was no more the remaining survivors had gathered in a small clearing unsure of what to do next. What few zombies remained stood no chance and were taken down with swiftness and ease. With what little knowledge they had about zombies they figured it would be best to head north, as zombies seldomly fare well in cold climates.

So they gathered what supplies they could from the city's ruins and made their way north. Away from all of this death and madness.

Or so they thought.

---------------------

by the way, I said I would be gone a lot of the time and only posting on sundays. My character isn't as important in this installment until the end. i will however post large updates on the times I'm here.
Report Spam   Logged

Gametag: Bakto Cannon

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2007, 12:46:13 pm »

I opened my eyes wishing I would not see what I knew I'd see.

The blackness enveloped me. The cold bit at my warm skin. And the beasts hungered for my brains

A shot rang out as I filled it's face with lead and continued. Although zombie sightings were now rare some still managed to survive in this harsh climate. Could it be because their living tissue had resistance to cold where other's did not? I would have to research this and see what I come up with. In the meantime scouting the perimeter for those few that made it here was my job and I made sure I was damn good at it.

I headed back to the compound for another day. Another lonely day on the edge of the map with nothing to do but think, write, eat and sleep. And from time to time head to the lab and learn more about my haunting menace.

As I sit here writing I find myself wondering "What's the point of it?" It's not as if someone will come across this god-forsaken place and find my journals and learn about the last days of my life. Maybe I do this to read over them and find out how I'm growing more and more senile as the months progress.

Either way, I need to figure out how I'm getting out of here. Even with the low ammount of zombies they were once what I was. Human. And it's not likely I will survive long out here with what little of an advantage I have over them.

I grow tired now. I'm going to get some sleep before my next patrol. Maybe my dreams will bring me the answers I'm looking for. And return to me my forgotten memories.

-Dave               
Report Spam   Logged

White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2007, 12:03:58 am »

I felt as if I was being watched today. Something on my borders. There were no zombies, I made sure of that but I couldn't shake the feeling of a pair of eyes watching my every movement. I hastily returned to te compound to write in my journal. So that if I died if someone read this they'd know, or at least suspect, that I  was murdered.

I knew that I would die out here. When... How... Where. those were the variables that appeared in my mind when comtemplating my inevitable death. Today has been a short day and these thoughts I now dwell on are started to displease me so I'll be heading off to bed shortly.

I wonder though... could it have been him?

No. There's no way he's still alive.

Unless... No. This new train of thought merely makes me delve deeper into what may be my undoing and I must put all of that into the back of my mind and focus on what's at hand.

-Dave                   
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

I'm: Hawk
Mood: Horny

« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2007, 04:13:59 am »

*wakes up*
*yawns, stretches*

Anyone else here?

*looks around clearing*
Report Spam   Logged

White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2007, 08:36:40 pm »

Death. It's not a pleasant thing as I've come to realize over the past few weeks. Today was rather eventful, but not in a good way of any kind. As I patrolled my compund I saw a group of three zombies hunched over a corpse. I drew my gun and picked them off individually. As I drew closer I noticed the man they were feasting on managed to remain onto the last fragments of his life throughout his ordeal. He looked directly in my eyes and for a second I felt his pain. He spoke to me asking for my help.

I pointed my gun at his skull and fired.

That was the best help I could give.

Disheartened at my murder of this man I took an early trip back to my base but the alk was cut short when an enourmous crater appeared before me. I slowly made my way closer but a sudden rush of wind caught me off balance and fell back. A monster similar to the one I fought in the Excalibur incident stood before me at it's full height of 8 feet. That particular battle stood out in my recent memory because it was when I discovered a kind of superhuman ability that lay within my veins. I survived an 80 foot drop onto hard concrete so I could kill the beast before it got to my friends.

My friends

I remembered them still, not knowing if they survived or lived but my reminiscing was cut short but the Verdugo's long tail inpaling the ice on the ground near my head. I drew my sword and prepared myself. It's tail struck again and I was ready, quickly slashing it in two. I seemed to have reared in pain but later I would realize I only angered it. remebering the only portion of body not covered in the steely exo-skeleton was it's head I drew my knife and threw it into it's eye as a distravtion for when I ran up and put my blade through it's head.

Tired... no, exhausted. I headed back to my compund for a much needed rest.

-Dave                   
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2007, 05:16:17 am »

(Reap, give me a pointer on what I gotta do...)
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2007, 03:47:21 pm »

*lies on ground unconcious* uuhh.......*continues to lie on the ground*
Report Spam   Logged
White Glint
Heavens Reaper
Internet Addict

Heavens_Reaper

« Reply #7 on: 11 September, 2007, 06:19:31 pm »

(Reap, give me a pointer on what I gotta do...)

This takes place directly after Blackout 1. Everyone is left in the ruins of the city and now you have to make a decision on where to go.

To follow the story line you must head north. To the frozen lands of Canada where people live in igloos and say "Eh." a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: 12 September, 2007, 03:50:33 am »

*walks over to Masterman*

*pokes him with crossbow bolt*

You okay?
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2007, 04:41:35 pm »

*looks* *vision is blurry* ughhh.....*eye twitches* yo, *tries to stand up, but then has back spasms* OOOOWWWW!!!! *falls back to ground*
Report Spam   Logged
Ultima_Dragoon
~*~ The CHA ~*~
Holy Ruler

Mood: Happy

« Reply #10 on: 13 September, 2007, 06:52:37 am »

(*was ded for awhile*

>_>)

*gets up*

*scrapes debris off self*

"... what the hell?"

*stands up and looks around, pointing my knife everywhere*

*sees one of "them"*

*walks away, while a zombie falls down about 30 feet away with a round circle in his forehead*

I guess I'll try to find more people... not like I have anything else to do.

*climbs up the debris of a 2 floor building*

*finds a small square patch still standing*

*tests it to see if it will stand up with me on it; it works*

*lays down and scopes the area*
Report Spam   Logged

~*~
Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: 13 September, 2007, 12:18:55 pm »

*looks around*

No shambling wrecks around...

Are you ok?
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #12 on: 13 September, 2007, 05:09:32 pm »

I'm okay. *stands up*
Yeah......*walks around*
Report Spam   Logged
Hawk_v3
Local Mod
Epic Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: 14 September, 2007, 09:01:00 am »

Looks like we're gonna hav'ta go.

I hope the bomb didn't hit the airport.

We might be able to move away from this city. Gives me the creeps.
Report Spam   Logged

Masterman
« Reply #14 on: 14 September, 2007, 04:09:19 pm »

*looks around with huge eyes* ..............*gulp*
heh, deja vu........
Yo, let's go to the airport! *wherever that is* *runs off in a random direction*
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: