Ultimate Paradise
28 March, 2024, 07:13:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

User Story Part I

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: User Story Part I  (Read 2686 times)
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« on: 20 June, 2007, 07:48:11 am »

Chapter 5: A Short Lived Rest

P1

The group easily picked its way through the forest and entered into the town, which was called Heathwood.  Upon entering, Devicho had a revelation.  Her family, the royal family, owned a house here…and she had the key on a necklace she always wore.

They crossed through town, avoiding the busy town square, as they were wounded and didn’t want to draw attention to themselves.  They arrived at the house, which was much smaller than the ice palace, and looked to be much plainer…but once inside, it proved to be just as grandly furnished as the royal abode…

Devicho: Well, this is it, our home away from home, or, at least for the next few days…
Mazzamatt: Wow…look at this place…it’s amazing…do we each get our own bed…?
Devicho: Oh, yes…there are more than enough bedrooms for the four of us…there is actually much more to this place in the basement levels…
Cube: Is it well stocked?  I could go get stuff from the market…we have plenty of money…
Ing: There is no need to go out right now…we will just alarm the citizens…we need to avoid publicity as much as possible…we should clean ourselves up…and princess here will need a disguise…her face is known throughout the country…and I don’t think anyone has seen us enter yet…
Dev: We have enough here for the night…don’t worry…

The group cleaned themselves up and went to bed…in the morning they had toast, bacon, eggs…an all star breakfast…
They found a cloak that Devicho could wear to disguise herself from the public…

The group went out to the market to restock…they found that they would need some more powerful weapons if they were going to be fighting such powerful enemies…
In the market, Devicho saw an old friend from her childhood…his name was koover…she knew that she could trust him not to tell anyone that they were there, and she wanted to say hi…so she did…and told him of their need…koover knew of just the place, a secret underground store…where high class items were sold…a sort of black market…

Ing selected a more powerful sword…one that was longer, sharper, and made of a more durable material than the first…the sword was called Masamune…a sword of wicked strength…but it would drain some of his soul to claim mastery over it…which turned out to be ok…because he was used to doing it…

Mazzamatt chose a set of claws that were taken from a dragon…and still infused in them were some of its power…when he held them for the first time, he felt full of strength…invigorated by the power pulsing through them…

Cube found a new medium for his attacks…he selected a very special crayon…one with a special ability for those who could wield magic…while for others it was just an ordinary bludgeoning crayon…for someone like Cube, what ever was drawn with it…would come to life…and do its creators biddings…

Devicho thought long and hard about her weapon…and decided that she would need something different if she were ever to become self empowered…she would never truly give up her bow…but she needed an alternative…she found a unique weapon…and when she touched it…she knew she had to have it…it was a spiked ball, attached to a long chain…with a metal handle at the end…it was called Spira…holding it…she thought it would feel awkward and unwieldy…but it felt like it had always belonged there…

Cube pulled out the moneybag…and paid for these new weapons…on the way out…koover awaited with a special gift for the group…a book of magic…detailing specific uses…it looked ancient…

Dev: You cannot give this to us.
Koover: It is a family heirloom…and as I am the heir to the family…it is mine to give away if I wish…
Dev: …thanks Koover…

The group headed back to the house…only to find Raizor_Blaid standing on the roof in front of the door…he was wearing dark pants…and a cloak, which billowed in the alpine wind…his eyes glowed gold…from the depths of the silk scarf wrapped around his face…

Raz: So…Princess…I see you’re still alive…
Dev: Raizor_Blaid…who is it you work for…what grudge do they hold against the royal family…?
Matt: Dev, how do you know this guy’s name…?
Dev: I overheard his master talking to him over his wireless communication device…
Raz: My master’s intentions are none of your business…Princess…

He leapt from the roof and landed before them in a cloud of dust…

Raz: All you need to know is that your journey ends here…

He reached into the depths of his cloak…and pulled out a pair of short swords…slightly curved, with ultra fine edges…he lunged forward to attack Devicho…

The Battle Had Begun

Koover: No!!!
He flung himself between Raz and Dev, protecting her, while being impaled by the blades…

Devicho, enraged by the loss of her friend, began to spin Spira…and attacked…but the attacked failed…Raizor_Blaid tangled the chain around his blades, and wrenched Spira from her grip…she was helpless again, her bow would do her no good in this close combat…

Cube acted quickly…he drew a large turtle…which came to life and climbed over Devicho…protecting her with its shell…and then he rushed to bash at the foe with his crayon…clashing again and again with the twin blades, but never being able to break through…

Ing: Get out of the way…
Ing swung the Masamune only once…it sliced clear through both blades…rendering them useless…the sword continued and got stuck in a nearby tree...he didn’t have time to get it out…so he ordered Mazzamatt to go in…

Mazzamatt rushed forward with agile speed…and was about to thrust one of his claws into his foes chest…but Raizor_Blaid said some sort of incantation, and a barrier appeared and he collided into it…Raz then once again allowed for no threat…and teleported away…

Cube’s turtle disappeared…and a sobbing Devicho was revealed…she had lost a dear friend…and would carry that with her in her quest to improve herself…

She spent the rest of the day studying the book of magic…

That night she infused all of her arrows with different magics…and cast a spell upon her quiver that would allow for it to never empty…she cast spells on her teammates…Cube’s crayon would never break…Matt would be able to use magic as a projectile, in addition to already being able to infuse them with energy…and she made Ing’s soul more resilient to Masamune’s evil power…

The next day…they would set off through the forest…and continue their journey…

P2

With the crew safely back on board, the ship made steady progress to the coastal city of Portsmouth, on the edge of the Kolomoki Swamp.  From there it would be a straight shoot across the swamp to get to the inner country.

They arrived at the harbor, where the good Cap’n Ziddee bode them farewell…and sailed off into the horizon.

Fooby: Wow…
Spat: It’s amazing…oh, look pigeons!!!
Zaffenzac: Big cities make me nervous…
Jawo’: I think I’m gonna’ like it here…

The group was alone, in a city they had never been to…but luckily, they knew of a contact they could get help from.  GreenShyGuy…they had an address, and that was all…

They ventured through the busy city streets, and finally found what they were looking for…it was a strange looking place…sort of seeming like a restaurant front, with a huge fish shaped room on the top…

Spat: How peculiar…
Zaffenzac: I don’t like fish…

The group entered in…and found the place surprisingly empty…

Fooby walked up to the counter and rang the service bell…it echoed throughout the building…

“YESSSS”

Fooby: Hello?  Where are you?
Voice: Down here…
A little guy walked around the counter…he wore a green robe, and a mask…
GSG: I am GreenShyGuy…you must be the group from the capital…well, what would you like to know?
Jawo’: We need somewhere to stay while we’re here…
GSG: You can stay in my house upstairs…
Zaffenzac: In the fish…aw man…
GSG gave him a look
Spat: Be quite Zaf…we need to get some new weapons…we are having some problems with an enemy…I don’t think what we have will cut it…
GSG: Certainly, tomorrow I will take you to the Commercial District, where you can buy new supplies…today, you should just rest…I would like to hear about your journey…

The group told GSG all about the voyage, and the unexpected stop at Skull Island…and about the fight…and the magic…

Apparently, GreenShyGuy knew quite a bit about magic…and told them more about how to use the magic effectively…and taught them a trick that would allow them to contact him even while they were away…

The next day, GreenShyGuy took them to the subway station…it was a marvel for the group, who came from the less developed capital…which was only the capital because it was the center of religion…
They were impressed by all of the technology in the city…
After a quick ride on the train, they emerged back onto the city streets…in a district that bustled even more than the port…

GSG took them down an alley…to a strange looking shop…
GSG: This is one of the best shops in town…they have all sorts of weaponry…very good weaponry at that…let me introduce you to the shopkeeper…me…haha…and while you are here…could I interest you in a smoothie while you look…they’re very tasty

Zaffenzac: Why yes, thank you.

Taking a good look around the store…they each found something they could use…

Fooby found a nice little thing…a sword…it was fairly short, and it had two blades…separated by a gap in the middle…it shimmered with an almost blue sheen…it radiated energy…and Fooby wanted it…it was called the Sword of Souls…

Jawo’ selected some new boots and knuckles…a bit heavier than the ones he had before…with spikes on them for increased damage…

Zaffenzac decided he was no good with a slingshot, and so he chose a huge mallet instead…holding it…he teetered unsteadily…

Spat picked out a spear…one with a single blade…that was fairly light…when it was spun…it made a sort of whistling music…

In the alley, after making their purchase, they heard a skittering noise…a little dog flew through the air…and landed in Spat’s arms…

Zaffenzac: Aah…!
Spat: Oh, what a cute little Chihuahua…I think I’ll call it Tiny…
GSG: Hmm…that’s weird…he’s rabid…he normally wouldn’t be friendly ever…
Fooby: Must like Spat then…
Jawo’: Let’s go…

Once back at GSG’s house, they entered…and saw someone…

Zaffenzac: Oh no!  It’s that woman…what was her name again?
Jawo’: Suiku

The person got really mad
Suiku: I’M NOT A WOMAN!!! That’s it kid…you’re toast…
He allowed his robe to drop to the floor…granting him more maneuverability…
He pulled out his staff and began to attack…
He fired off a burst of water towards Zaffenzac…who lifted his hammer to attack…but fell over…the shot flew past harmlessly, and hit the wall…
Suiku was at that point directly over him, poised to bring his staff crashing down into his skull…
As it was falling, it was stopped by a blow from Fooby’s sword…and the two began to clash, neither one gaining ground…they went bask and forth across the room, their weapons slamming into each other again and again…Jawo’ decided to help out…and kicked his staff out of his grasp…
Suiku: No!
He ran to go and grab it…
At this point, Spat set Tiny loose on him…Tiny bit him in the ankle…and Suiku screamed…he then grabbed his staff, fended Tiny off, and teleported away…

The place was kind of a wreck…
Fooby: Sorry about that…is there anything we can do…
GSG: Oh…it’s no problem…I’m rich…so I can get all the help I want…
Jawo’: Well, I guess we’d better get ready to go tomorrow…that journey through the swamp won’t be easy…
GSG: Oh, I have a surprise for you…an acquaintance of mine can take you through it on his small boat…it won’t be a problem…he owes me a favor or two…

In the morning…they took the subway to the swamp side of the city…they found the small dock…and waited for their new transporter…GameSharkDude…

P3

DoctorWormX was busy.  That airship crash…what had caused it…it didn’t matter.  He was now forced to take care of four patients at once.  And that was a hastle.

He went into the first room.  In this room was Duprav, a young man.  He had sustained a few cracked ribs, and had been unconscious until a few hours ago.  He would soon be well enough to leave.  He moved on to the next.  In here lay Missing_My_Head.  He had managed to be completely unharmed, but the hospital had wanted him observed nonetheless.  In the third room lay Meta_Vaati.  This one had gotten his left leg crushed in rubble.  DocX had had to surgically replace the bones with metal.  That had been tricky.  The last one was TheRealTBizzle, who had lost a hand in the crash.  They had put an attachment on it that would allow him to mount weapons and such on it.

He finally was able to allow them to leave.  They waved goodbye, and went out into the city.

Meta_Vaati: Well, where do we go now?
Duprav: In the crash we lost all of our supplies, we’ll need to replace them.
MMH: I managed to save our money…so we can still afford to buy stuff.  Does anyone know the way around this city?
TBizzle: Well, I’ve been here a few times.  The storefronts should be this way, two blocks or so.

They went over to the stores…and found a shop that was run by a man named Agaranok.  It seemed that he had many useful things, some of them obviously gotten from shady sources.  The store was a gold mine.

Meta_Vaati found himself a pair of daggers.  They were oddly marked, with ancient texts running up and down the blades.  Agaranok told them that they were originally owned by a royal family of the area, thousands of years in the past.  Surely they were infused with some sort of power.

TBizzle found a lethal looking hook that could be attached to his arm.  It would be hard to get used to not being a long range fighter, but he would do his best.  Plus, now he looked more like the pirates of old times.

MMH selected a long staff, significantly longer than the one he had used before.  It was also able to extend and contract at the users will, which would be very useful.

Duprav found that he would be making a weapon switch too.  He found an extraordinary weapon.  It was a sword, but it was also a gun.  It was a gunblade.  Agaranok said that it had been made by the alchemists, long ago.

They made their way out of the store, and decided that the best step from there would be to go catch a train to help them cross over the canyons.  They made the long trek through the city to get to the train station in the northeastern part of town.  They caught the first train and got settled in their car.  It would be a fairly long, but comfortable trip.

Heavens_Reaper had other plans in store for them.  He arrived at the hospital, and got from DocX that the group had gone to the stores.  He then found Agaranok, who told him that they had gone to the train station.  He knew what needed to be done.  He teleported t immediately.

In the train, the group was resting easy.  They were not prepared for the sudden appearance of H_R in the car.  Immediately, a fight broke out.

TBizzle leaped at him.  Not used to the hook yet, it got hung on the scythe’s staff, and flung him into his opponent, causing both to fall to the floor.  Duprav took aim and began firing at H_R, hitting him in the body, but seeming to cause no damage whatsoever, but after a few shots, he was rewarded by a cry of pain.  Meta_Vaati caught H_R off guard and had a dagger to his throat.  MMH then got rid of the nuisance by extending the staff, so that it hit his chest, and launched the foe out the window.

Unfortunately, before Heavens_Reaper hit the ground, he vanished in a swirl of cloak, leaving the group on edge.  When would they be seeing this foul foe again?  

Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: