Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 07:06:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

User Story Part I

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: User Story Part I  (Read 2698 times)
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: sasori1122
Mood: Gay

The Puppet Master...is now pulling the strings

« on: 19 June, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

My Part I
« Last Edit: 19 June, 2007, 10:50:32 pm by sasori1122 » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Code: 1118-0310-8208

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:43:03 am »

Chapter 1-Destined For Glory
P1
Plateau Country

The frigid wind blew across Devicho’s face, as she gazed out her window towards the fjords and the icy sea far below.  The sun set in an explosion of pink and purple, shimmering fantastically across the surface of the water.

‘How beautiful’ she thought.

Something caught her eye, a dark flash across the sky; in the last fading light of day, she couldn’t make out what it was, but whatever it was, she was sure it was no good.  Quickly, she drew the drapes, shuddering, and chanced another look, just a peek.  She saw no black shadow, and resolved that it was merely a trick of her eye.

She had a small snack, cleaned up for the night, and went to bed, and dreamed…

P2
Beach Country

Fooby was fishing in the bay, enjoying the warmth of the sun’s last rays for the day.  Something snagged his line.

‘Oh boy, a big one’ he thought.

After a long struggle, he finally managed to real in his quarry, a huge swordfish. He made short work of it, brandishing a knife and killing it.  He cut and cleaned it, and put it away in the icebox.

He decided to take one last swim, before nightfall.  He dove into the warm tropical waters, and enjoyed himself.  After a few minutes, he saw an enormous black shape coming towards him.  He shot out of the water and ran down the dock to his hut on the beach.  He slammed the door, and sat, out of breath.

He ate dinner, and fell into a fitful sleep, dreaming…

P3
Field Country

Duprav lay on the second floor balcony at the ranch where he lived and worked.  He was almost asleep, it was so peaceful.  He gazed at the stars, shimmering beautifully in the night sky.

‘Tonight, they are even more beautiful than usual’ he thought
Rolling over, he gazed across the seemingly endless plain, and wished sincerely that he could be elsewhere.  Giving the sky one last look, he saw a shooting star, and made his wish.  He was so distracted by this, that he didn’t notice the sinister shadow that fell across the moon.  He went to bed that night, thinking of new and exciting things and places, and dreamed…

P4
Jungle Country

Magic was enjoying the wildlife in his jungle abode, a house high up in the trees, with bridges connecting it to other houses.  He listened to the sounds of the forest, finding it peaceful, and enjoying nature’s serenade.  When it was too dark to see, he got up and climbed the rope ladder to his home, and looked back down, he saw a large figure rushing through the undergrowth toward the ladder.
He pulled it up quickly, frightened by this mysterious beast…
He went inside, and ate, then blew out his light, and fell asleep to the jungle’s endless song, and dreamed…

P5
Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?
All four dreamt the same dream…
       ……..a fair maiden appeared out of the darkness…

“Young one, you are truly destined for glory…….great honor awaits you and your nation……”

“…………How do I achieve this?”

“………You must travel to the center of the continent, and retrieve an item of great power………doing so will allow you to set me free, and I will bring you the highest honor…….”

“….go quickly, for others will try to stop you………they want it for themselves……..”

The dream faded away…..all four continued to sleep, dreamless, until morning…….

In an evil lair far away………
The fair maiden steps off of a pedestal……….and shapeshifts

Judgment: It has begun. Re4master, get ready, they will be here in a few days time…

Re4master: Yes, my liege, I will prepare for the great war that awaits…..
Judgment: (to self) Those fools really think I’m the Oracle………buahahahahaha
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:44:44 am »

CHAPTER 2-JOURNEY’S START
P1
Devicho awoke with the sun and ran to the palace library as quickly as possible.  She poured through books for three hours before finally finding what she was looking for.  The woman in her dream, was The Oracle…
‘So it’s true; I am destined for glory’
In excitement, she ran to tell her father, King Chafenhiemer.

He granted her permission to leave on this journey, as he knew she was very capable, but gave one condition, she must take with her three of the country’s finest.  She agreed, and they were to meet her at the city gate in two hours.

At the gates she met [3 users]. They got acquainted, and set off across the glaciers to find what lay beyond.

P2
Fooby awoke, knowing exactly what had happened…he had seen the Oracle in his dream…she was very important to tribal heritage…
And he knew that what she said would come to pass…
He had to get permission from Queen [female user], before he could go.
He arrived at her enormous hut, but the guards would not let him through…
He looked about for a way in, and found one…he tied down a nearby palm tree and climbed on.  Then he cut the rope, and flew through the air, and in through the window…
Queen _____: Oh my!
Fooby: I have seen the oracle in a dream, and must go immediately to the center of the continent, to bring glory to our people.
Queen ____: Well, in that case, go to the harbor with this Royal Decree, and you will be granted passage across the sea…it’s much quicker than going all the way up the peninsula.
Fooby: Yes…
Fooby arrived at the harbor and presented the decree…there was a big commotion, and others became interested…three of them asked if they could join… they were [3 users]…
The four waited aboard for the departure…

P3
Duprav ran out of the house and across the ranch.  He headed for the stable, and got his horse ready quickly.
They galloped across the plain until they reached the mayor’s house.
Duprav rang the doorbell, but no one came…after waiting for quite some time with no success, he tried a different route…he went around back, and picked the lock…(he’s a master of unlocking)
Once inside, he found his way to the Mayor’s bedroom, and woke him up…
Duprav: Mayor Hawk_v3, wake up…it’s urgent
Hawk_v3: hmm…what? Oh, what is it?
The two sat down to breakfast and Duprav told Mayor Hawk_v3 everything…
Hawk_v3:well, that is news…I think I will call the air port, and have them send you by airship, and also, take [3 users], with you…they will be much help…
Duprav: Thanks

Duprav arrived at the airport, and waited with the others in the main cabin for the airship to be readied for takeoff.

P4
Magic awoke quickly…
   He got dressed quickly and sent out the call…
He knew what he had to do…
    Ermine, snake, and [1 user] arrived, answering the call…
He explained what had happened over coffee…
     It was decided, the four would journey across the country, to find glory…
They set out through the dense jungle when the sun was not even yet at its peak…
     It would be a long journey…..

SO
Where I have boxed in [# user/users] I need that number of users, so ask to be put into one of the groups…..the last one with magic should be animal based…..
And I’m saving spots for Killer_Spatula and Jawooooo because they put me in their stories….and I need a less prominent female user to use for the queen of the beach peoples……because I don’t know genders……

And, as you can see, part 4 is shorter than the others……that is not going to be constant, one part will always be shorter, but it will not always be part 4…
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:45:30 am »

Chapter 3: What Lies Ahead
P1

One day later, the group awoke to a blinding glare of light off the ice packs.  They broke camp quickly, because they needed to get going as quickly as possible…
Mazzamatt busied himself with preparing breakfast; they wouldn’t get anywhere without nutrition…
Ingslayer, was hurriedly packing up the equipment…pulling down the tent and stuffing everything into packs…
Cube was busying himself with drawing a map with crayons…

Everyone is doing their part…thought Devicho….and I, the princess of this land am doing nothing…
In that moment she resolved to become stronger, and carry her own weight…
Once breakfast was over, they got ready to go…

Devicho: Alright, let’s get going.
Mazzamatt: Right, tally ho.
Cube: Let’s go.
Ing: ….

After a long trek across the ice, the air around them became warmer, and they were able to quicken their pace…just then…a small pack of white wolves came running across, the ice and attacked…

Ing: Finally, some fun....(pulls out his huge sword)
Mazza: Cube, protect the princess…
Devicho: No, I’ll fight too.
Cube: Are you sure?
Devi: Yes.
Cube goes to work, bringing out a large crayon, wielding it like a cudgel…: Let’s go..(he dives into the fray)
Mazza: Here I go…he pulls on his clawblades(like Amarant) and also joins the fight…
Devi: This is my first step in becoming the new me…she pulls out a bow and some arrows

The fight is getting intense…Cube is knocking wolves out left and right, swinging his enormous crayon like a club…As they fall, Devicho fills them with an arrow…piercing the heart, and causing an instant fatality…mazza fights like a wild beast, slashing deep gashes into the thick hides of the wolves……
Most impressive of all, Ingslayer swung his great sword mightily, decapitating many of the wolves…
At last, the last few took off across, the ice…
Finally, thought Devicho…and she collapsed from the sheer exhaustion of the battle…
Cube: Princess…
One of the unconscious wolves awakens, and lunges at Devicho…
Mazza: Oh no!
Ingslayer steps in its way, and cleaves it in two, lengthwise (from head to tail): You should have acted sooner…
Ingslayer: Until she awakens, I’ll carry her…you two carry the gear…
Mazza and cube: …….sigh

After a few hours they arrive at the top of one of the tallest plateaus in all of Leridia…
They can look out across the country and see the forest down below, not much farther…

It was here that Devicho awoke…
Devicho: How stunning…
Ingslayer drops her
Mazza: Devi, you’re awake
Cube: I’m glad you’re ok.

Loud Rumbling Noise

Cube: What’s that?

CRAAAAAAAACK
The ice below them gave way, and they toppled down, down into the dark depths of the mountain…

P2

After what seemed like days on the endless blue of the sea, the four travelers were getting antsy…

Fooby: *sigh* I wish something would happen…it’s so boring out here…
Killer_Spatula: It’s ok Fooby, FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBYYY…I’m sure something will happen…
Jawo’: I’ll go ask the captain how much longer…
Zaffenzac: *urch* I’m seasick…*falls down*

Jawo’ comes back: The captain said….
*wham* (something slammed into the ship)
Killer_Spatula: Oh no…
*shark men boarded the ship*
Zaffenzac is rendered unconscious by a blow to the head
Jawo’: Let’s do it.
Killer_Spatula: (grabs fooby) byahhhh
Fooby( uses harden)
Killer_Spatula uses fooby as a weapon slamming into the shark men….
Jawo’: We must save the captain…
*at this point the sharkmen are carrying crewmen off the ship*
*they spot the last one, carrying the captain*
Captain Ziddee: Yarr
Jawo’ delivers a crushing blow to he sharkman carrying ziddee
Jawo’: There we go…
Killer_Spatula: But what do we do?
Captain Ziddee: Yarr…we must get the crew back…we can’t go anywhere with far with just the five of us…
Fooby: You can count on us…
Captain Ziddee: To the Skull Island…thar is whar they be…in thed depths of the caves…
Fooby Killer_Spatula and Jawo’: hmm…
(zaffenzac is still out cold, but no one seems to notice)

After a few hours of very hard work, the ship finally arrives at the Skull Island…

Captain Ziddee: Land Ho ye hearty landlubbers…
Fooby: Finally…
Killer_Spatula: It’s about time
zaffenzac awakens: LAND?

The five set off from the ship…and head into the town…

They decide that they may need equipment for this quest…
As they walk through the gloomy waterlogged town, they look for some sort of shop…

zaffenzac: There’s one!
Captain Ziddee: Oh, that thar be flyguy’s shop
Fooby: Maybe we can find some real weapons to use…that way Killer won’t have to use me to slam into people…
Killer_Spatula: ….well

They enter into the store, and look about to buy merchandise…

Killer_Spatula selects a particularly nasty looking trident…
Zaffenzac selects a slingshot
Fooby grabs a nice cutlass
Jawo’ decides to stick to his martial arts, but does select some heavier boots and some battle gloves
Ziddee sticks with his pistol and pirate sword

FlyGuy: Ahoy thar mateys…that’ll be 5967 dollars in gold doubloons…

Fooby: We don’t have any doubloons…
FlyGuy: Then you will work off your tab…

After 2 hours of working in FlyGuy’s shop the group can finally head off…

They look down into the watery depths of the caves in uneager anticipation…

P3

Shortly after takeoff…

Duprav: There is still no end to this forsaken plain…
MMH: It’ll be ok…
TBizzle:Yeah…
Meat_Vaati: I guess…

Voice: This is Captain Gargravarr speaking…it seems that there will be some unexpected turbulence up ahead…right ther in that cloud bank…….

The airship goes straight into the cloud…and stops…

Captain Gargravarr: I’m not sure what happened…hold on…we’re being boarded…

Strange creatures with leathery wing and pebbled skin spring onto the ship from out of the cloud…

Duprav: Whoa!

Bizzle pulls out his musket and opens fire…: This is gonna take more ammo than I thought…it whould only take one hit….but it’s taking five each…

Duprav pulls out a blackjack and begins to launch it at his foes…hitting them in the face…
MMH: Hmm… he pulls out a long staff and slams in to the fray
Meta_Vaati” here I go…(he slashes at these flying lizards with a rapier)

After the fight was over…

Captain Gergravrr walks out of the pilot room…
Gargravarr: It seems that some magics hold us in this place…we will need to go out and break them…
Duprav: What? Walk on the clouds?
Bizzle jumps off the side: Yahoo! Come on down guys.
MMH: Here I go
Meta_Vaati followed soon after
Gargravarr then jumped
And then finally Duprav

Once on the clouds, the mist blew away, and a large castle was revealed…

Duprav: Impossible…
MMH: A floating island?
Meta_Vaati: I’ve read about these, but I thought they were just a myth…
Bizzle: Let’s gooooooooo!

The five of them set off to the castle gate, wondering what to expect

P4

Traveling through the dense jungle was hard work for humans…so they turned into animals…

Magic turned into a leopard
Snake turned into a snake
Ermine turned into an ermine
And
Penguin turned into a penguin

The going was much easier, except for Penguin, who had more trouble, and ended up having to turn back into a human and just had to make do…

The real downside to this was that they couldn’t talk to each other…

They came to a patch of jungle that was torn down…
It looked…unnatural.  The roots were ripped from the earth, and all of the trees around the clearing were twisted freakishly, as if writhing in pain…

“What could have happened here” thought Penguin aloud…as he was the only one capable of talking at the time…

PFWHHHHT

Penguin felt a slight sting in his neck, and looked around, seeing the others out cold…and began to feel sleepy, and fell to the ground…

The next day…

Magic awoke in a small concrete cell…
Magic: Uhn…where am I?
Strange voice: You are in the jail for beastmasters…
Magic: Who are you?
Voice: I am Yamata_Demon…
Magic: How do I get out…?
Yamata: I will help you… (A set of keys appears in his hand)
Magic takes them and goes to unlock the door
He turns around to thank Yamata, but he is gone…

Magic opens the door and finds the cells that his friends are in.
After a happy reunion, they set all the other prisoners free…

Magic: This is a bad place…
Penguin: What’s the plan…?
Snake: An infiltration?
Ermine: I’ve got an idea…we’ll come out of this prison bunker, and break into the main facility through the ventilation system.
Magic: Brilliant idea, Ermine…
Penguin: But where is it, and who is doing this?
Snake: And why was no one guarding the cells?

Magic: I Don’t Know…

They head off to infiltrate the facility…

P5

Judgment goes into the dreams of the leaders of the four countries…

As the Oracle….

“Your young ones are in trouble……you should send an army to back them up…”

As he steps off the dream pedestal re4master appears…

Re4master: Sir, it seems that things may not be going as we’d hoped…there seem to be some…delays…

Judgment: Not to worry…everything is going according to plan…

Re4master: You left me out, sir?

Judgment looks over at a monitor, showing 4 scenes…

Judgment: I’m giving our little heroes a little test…just to see if they are worthy of my goal…these four will do quite nicely in testing their abilities, don’t you think?

On the monitor are Suiku, Yamata_Demon, Heavens_Reaper, and Raizor_Blaid…
Judgment: Yes…very nicely indeed…bwuhahahahha

Re4master: Yes…nicely….

Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:45:59 am »

Chapter 4: The First Test

P1

Devicho awoke and looked around…there was no sign of her friends…her head throbbed…the only light in the dimly lit cave came from a hole high above…that must be where we fell through she thought…

She found that there was a corridor to the left…

She followed it…
Several minutes later she found a much larger chamber.  All around h=the cave, crystals grew, and they cast an eerie light all about the whole place.

“Princess!”

She turned and saw mazzamatt running towards her.
“You’re awake,” he said.
“Where are the others?”
“They are down there, we think we’ve found a path out.”
“Sounds good.  Lead the way.”

He hurried her down a long narrow corridor.  Devicho kept up as best she could…but she stumbled and fell down a shaft.  Down, down, down she went.  And hit the bottom.
She got up and looked about…a large lake was spanning out before her.  She heard voices speaking, and listened in.

“ Raizor_Blaid, this is re4master, do you copy?”
“Raizor_Blaid here, what news from Judgment?”
“Orders are to commence the plan immediately.”
“Right, will do, Raizor_Blaid, over and out.”

Devicho felt a tap from behind.  She looked and standing there was a small child, glowing in an aura of amber…

He projected his thoughts into her mind…’Take my power; you will need it.  You will be able when the time comes.”

She turned away for a split second, and when she looked back, he was gone.

With that, she suddenly saw a bright light and heard loud cries from some fearsome beasts…and then she was being pulled up…

Cube: You should be more careful, Devi.
Devi:  Thank goodness you’re here; it looks like we may have some trouble.
Cube: Ing found a way out…it’s a bet of a trek, but we’ll make it in about half an hour.
Devi: Let’s get going.

They reunited with the others.

Ing: It’s about time…we need to go now.
Mazza: There’s no time to lose; there are monsters in here.

They rushed down the corridor until they came to a fast flowing river…the bridge was cut…

Cube: What happened?
Mazza: The bridge was up just a moment ago.  This can’t be good.
Ing: Here they come…

A group of goblins was rushing towards them…
In no time at all, weapons were drawn, and fighting commenced.
Ing was taking them out two at a time…swinging the Imperial mightily…killing many…
Cube joined in with his crayon, cracking skulls left and right
Mazza attacked with his claws, having some difficulty with the tough skin
Mazzamatt: I really need to sharpen these…

Devicho raised her bow to shoot at her foes, but it was knocked from her hands…in one last hope for defense, she raised her arm….and a blast of energy emitted from her outstretched hand…it hit the goblin dead on, and continued on to hit three more before striking a wall, in an explosion of debris…

When the dust in the air cleared, almost all of the goblins were dead, and the few living were on their way away from the group…

Cube: What was that?
Ing: It was magic…
Mazza: Isn’t that just myth?
Ing: No…
Devicho explained what had happened and told them that in all likelihood, they too would be able to wield this magic…

The group continued to press forward…
They reached a large cavern with a stairway leading up to a small opening near the top, through which light poured…
CLAP CLAP CLAP
Raizor_Blaid: Very impressive…
A man approaches, he looks like a ninja…he pulls out a katana…
Raizor: But now, I’m afraid, you must die…LICH, come to me…
A loud rumbling filled the chamber, and a strange creature rose up through the floor…

Rai: Kill Them…
Doing the summoning had cost him quite a bit of energy, and he used his last to teleport elsewhere, to recuperate.

Devi: What is that thing?
Ing: It’s a summon monster…Lich, the guardian of earth…be careful…

Devi pulled out her bow and managed to charge her arrows with magic energy…shooting for high damage…

Mazza: So, that’s how it works…his claws began to emit a strange energy, and increased in sharpness.  He began to hack madly at the group…

Cube slammed his crayon into the ground, causing a fissure, that hit the Lich…but had little effect…

Ing had little skill with magic, and so he dove in and hacked with the Imperial…

The Lich used an attack that shot out blinding dust around the battlefield…none of them could see

Cube: What do we do now…?
Ing: Close your eyes; rely on your ears to locate it.

After another round of hits, The Lich became desperate…it used it’s last bit of strength to fire a massive blast of energy at Devicho…

The air cleared…

Thinking quickly, Cube launched his crayon as a projectile, and hit a stalactite.  It fell, and took the blast in Devicho’s stead.

After the battle, they tended to their wounds, and continued out of the cave…
The bright sunlight hurt their eyes, but they soon adjusted…

Before them was a massive forest in rolling hills…in the distance they could see smoke rising from a town…

Mazza: Hey Cube.  How much money do we have…?
Cube: We have about 2,000,000 gil left…Devi’s father sure was generous, no?
Ing: I think we had best head to that town, we could use a rest…

This is significantly longer, so I think I’ll only post part 1 of the chapter…I’ll post the rest tomorrow and Saturday

(^o^)
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:47:08 am »

P2

The group of five made their way into the cave, a watery labyrinth…

Shortly after entering, the entrance sealed, they were stuck for the time being…luckily, there was a strange form of algae growing on the walls, and it emitted a soft glow…so they could still see…

Fooby: Where to now?
Cap’n Ziddee: By this har map…we be needin’ to ake that tunnel thar to get us down to the depths, where the cave meets the sea floor…that’ll be whar they got me crew…
Jawo’: Right, so…here we go…
Killer_Spatula: Keep your guard up…
Zaffenzac: I don’t like this…

The quintet moved quietly down the tunnel and it led to a larger chamber with many, many openings…

Killer_Spatula: Wow…sure is big…
Fooby: Captain, which way do we go now?
Ziddee pulled out the map to check…but he didn’t have time…a host of sharkmen came pouring out of the many tunnels…and a fight ensued

The five became separated, each taking their own part of the cave…

Killer_Spatula fought, swinging his trident in an circle around and around…keeping a great distance between him and his foes…he didn’t notice the one that had snuck onto the ceiling of the cave, and it dropped down from above…
Killer_Spatula lifted his trident straight up, and it took the sharkman in the face, right in his open jaws…it slid all the way down, until its teeth nearly cut his arm…Killer_Spatula then flung it off, and continued to fight…

Fooby was like a cyclone of metal, spinning his cutlass with adept efficiency.  He took many out, his cutlass slicing open bellies, allowing the viscera to fall to the floor…the host kept coming, but Fooby would not let that stop him…he was a force to be reckoned with.

Jawo’ put on quite a show.  His impressive martial arts skills allowed for him to take out the enemy without taking any wounds.  Using his hands he used chops and punches to break ribs and damage tissue badly.  One sharkman leapt from the crowd towards him…he swiftly executed a roundhouse kick and broke its jaw…he then grabbed its head, twisted, and snapped it’s neck…he showed these foes no mercy…

Zaffenzac and Ziddee fought together after realizing that projectiles worked better in groups…
They each took a semicircle of foes…zaffenzac aimed for the eyes, striking with stones launched from his slingshot…rendering them useless fighters...the two would then rotate, taking each others places, and Ziddee would shoot the sharkmen in the head…

After a long while of fighting, Fooby began to wear out…and one of the sharkmen delivered a knockout blow to his head…they grabbed him and took off down a tunnel…

Zaffenzac: Oh no, you don’t!
He tries to shoot it in the head…but the stone hits the body of the slingshot, ricocheted and hit him in the face, knocking himself out…

Killer_Spatula: Oh dear…we have to follow them…and save fooby!
Jawo’: No, we must tend to our injuries first…Captain, do you have anything we can use to wake this guy up?
Cap’n Ziddee: Of carse.  Bring him ‘ere…this grog’ll wake him up.

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

Fooby woke up alone…it was dark where he was, and his head throbbed…he felt around and found his cutlass, he attached it to his belt, and got up…

‘Great, now what?’ he thought to himself.

“Do not fret young one.”

He turned around and saw an elderly woman, sitting in the corner of the room.  There was a strange blue aura around her…

“Who are you?” he asked

“That is unimportant, the thing is, you need my help, I will give you my power…it is magic, with an affinity toward water, but it will work on these beasts anyways…”

The aura increased in brightness, and Fooby felt impowered.

“What about my friends?”

“The power extends to them too…”

She faded away…

Fooby began his way up the tunnel…and found his friends coming the other way…

Fooby: Hey guys.  What happened to the sharkmen?
Ziddee: We took care of those beasties, matey.
Zaffenzac: We were awesome!
Killer_Spatula and Jawo’ give him looks
Zaffenzac: Well, you guys were awesome…
They nod in agreement…

They continued to make their way to where the sailors were being held…and made it there without a problem…

They come across an absolutely enormous cavern, and they see the crew tied up across the room…they rush to free them

Before they can make it half way, a woman blocks their way.
She is decked out in voodoo apparel; it’s obvious that she’s a witch of some sort…

“My name is Suiku, and you go no further”
She pulls out a rather sturdy looking staff…and draws some symbols in the dirt on the cave floor, she says some sort of incantation, and disappears…

Suiku: Ha, ha, ha, ha…see if you can defeat my little pet…

Suiku had teleported far away, to watch the fight with her mind’s eye…

Out of the ceiling came a great mass, slowly, flowing like water…

It lands on the floor, a massive creature, rather like a squid…but with more tentacles

Cap’n Ziddee: It’s the Kraken!

A fight ensues…

Ziddee immediately aims for its huge eyes, shooting both, blinding it…
Ziddee: Don’t put your guard down, it’s still deadly…
He then proceeded to fire bullets into the Kraken’s body…

Fooby busied himself with chopping off the seemingly endless number of tentacles…

Zaffenzac was grabbed by a tentacle and eaten…

Killer_Spatula and Jawo’ had leapt onto the beast’s body. Spatula stabbed it repeatedly, and Jawo’ delivered powerful kicks, bursting blood vessels and causing internal damage.

The Kraken used some sort of attack that caused the chamber to flood…

It was then that Fooby remembered what the old woman had said…he could do magic

He concentrated hard…and caused the Kraken to float to the ceiling…and then he caused the water to disappear, and the Kraken fell to the ground…it exploded upon impact, and zaffenzac flew out…

Zaffenzac: It’s about time…it was gross in there…

They freed the crew and returned to the surface…to get back to their voyage…plotting a course for the small coastal town that lay on the edge of the vast swamp…

These are really long, so I think I’ll just post one part of the chapter at a time…only one per day…

P3

As the group approached the castle, they were left in awe at the sheer size of it…it was enormous, being larger than any down on land…

Duprav: Wow…
TBizzle: It’s astounding…
MMH: So, how do we get in…?
Meta_Vaati: I suggest we enter through the cellar…
Gargravarr: There it is…

They approached the massive door that lead down to the cellar…and with a great effort they managed to open it…
Once inside, they had to take each step, one at a time…because each one was a height of five feet or so…

Trekking across the cellar became quite an ordeal…they encountered rats…huge rats, the size of a grown man…

A fight ensued…

Duprav was surrounded by four…he saw only one choice, he had to take them one by one…he flung his blackjack into the first one’s head, and it went out cold…he quickly followed suit with the other three…and was soon off towards the stairs…

MMH got into the midst of the swarm…he became a whirling force of staff, that shattered legs and cracked skulls of the many of the rats…leaving them helpless on the floor…he then used his staff to pole vault to the stairs…

Bizzle readied himself…he knew that it would not be easy to take on a multitude with his musket…so he climbed up one stair, and took them out from afar, waiting for a clear path so he could run across…

Meta_Vaati sliced his way into battle, swinging his rapier in a wave motion…and spinning, he was like a meat processor…

Gargravarr…the group knew nothing of his abilities as a fighter…but he was quite impressive…he pulled out an oddly shaped piece of metal, and launched it using a spring loaded device on his wrist…it spun through the air and hit with deadly accuracy, decapitating rats as it flew in an arc, and came back to the launching device…

The group all managed to find their way to the interior stairs, and made their way up towards the castle’s interior…but found a nasty surprise awaiting them…in the hall were dogs…enormous dogs…the group knew they didn’t stand a chance against them…and searched for a place to flee to…

Knowing that the rats had been slain, Meta_Vaati saw a chance…

Meta_Vaati: This way!!!  Go into the rat hole…there, in the lower paneling…
Duprav: Are you sure that’s such a good idea?
MMH: It’s the only chance we’ve got…so let’s go…
Bizzle: Aaaaaaaaaaah…run away!!!!

The group dashed into the hole…and took the most readily available route, straight up on a ladder, that was strangely was the right size for them…they found another hole, and came out on a high shelf…

There was a giant standing in the room, not too far away…

Bizzle: I say there.  Hello.
Giant: Who are you…?  My advisor told me that some trouble makers might show up in my castle…I’d better kill you all…
Duprav: Hey now…we aren’t here for trouble…we just need some help is all…
The giant swats at him, and Duprav is barely able to dodge out of the way…
Meta_Vaati: Guys, he means business…I don’t think we should stick around here much longer…
MMH: Yeah…let’s get going…

They dashed back into the hole, and took a right, going down the corridor, and came out in another room…

They saw another giant…this one was smaller, and seemed to be an adolescent…

MMH: I think this one might be safer…
Little Giant: What might be safer?  Oh, little folks…who are you guys?

The group introduced themselves, and was informed that this small giant was Gaffit, the Prince of the castle, which was owned by the Lord Fatmazza…
Prince Gaffit explained that since the death of his mother, his father had become strange…and the arrival of a strange cloaked stranger made him stranger…
This cloaked man was called Heavens_Reaper, and he had become the Lord’s advisor, and was poisoning his mind…

The Prince agreed to help them…he went to get his father, and then went out to free the airship from where it was moored in the clouds…

Lord Fatmazza came in, and brought forth his advisor…

Heavens_Reaper: I honestly didn’t expect you all to make through the castle alive…but I guess I underestimated you…and now I will kill you all…

He pulled a large scythe out from his cloak…and launched himself from Lord Fatmazza’s shoulder to the shelf…

The go ahead was called from outside by the Prince…

Gargravarr: Go…I’ll be there right behind you!
MMH: But…
Gargravarr: No buts, GO!

The team of four reluctantly left the good pilot behind…

Gargravarr pressed a button on his wrist launcher, and it transformed into a scythe itself…

The two clashed in an intense battle…

The blades of their scythes glanced off of each other again and again, neither side gaining an edge…

Then, Gargravarr’s scythe’s staff segment was cleaved in two…leaving him defenseless…

Gargravarr looked out the window and saw his friends getting aboard and ready for take off…and gave off a look of triumph…

Heavens_Reaper paused momentarily, before executing the final blow, and cleaving Gargravarr’s head from his shoulders…
He then levitated, and floated out the window to get the others…

Bizzle tried to shoot him down, but there was some sort of field that deflected the bullets…

MMH: The pilot must be dead, but we can’t stay here any longer…Gaffit, launch us!

Gaffit launched the airship from the clouds and they were off…

Heavens_Reaper swore under his breath, and invoked a powerful magic…
“Tiamat, kill them!”
He teleported away to somewhere else…

The large wind dragon flew after them…

On the ship…a young man, with a green aura appeared…
“Take my power…it will allow for things beyond your wildest imagination…”

The group was then intercepted by the Tiamat…

It landed on the deck, cracking the boards where its talons dug in…

Bizzle fired shots into it’s hide…but he soon realized that it wouldn’t penetrate it’s tough hide…I wonder, he thought, that power, could it be infused with my ammo?

Bizzle: Guys, focus energy into your weapons.

In no time at all, there was a soft glow around their weapons…
They were now successful against its tough hide…
Duprav’s blackjack gained a piercing potential…
MMH’s staff hit harder…
Meta_Vaati’s rapier dug deeper gashes…
Bizzles bullets penetrated deeply…

In no time at all, the Tiamat was gravely wounded…it was dying…it cast a thunder magic…

A bolt of lightening struck the ship, right where the Tiamat was standing…and it was vaporized…

The airship was horribly damaged, and there was no hope of regaining control…
The ship was doomed to crash to earth…the passengers braced for the upcoming impact…

P4

They headed for the facility silently…under the cover of night…

They arrive, and find that it is all lit up…the grounds and everything alit by electric lights…this would be more difficult than they had thought…

Magic: Snake transform and sneak across…we need a distraction…go take out the lights over there…so we can go through here while they investigate…

Snake shapeshifted into a long snake…he slithered across the yard and took out the lights with his strong coils…he then rushed back to the group and shifted back…

Snake: Mission Complete!!

They rushed across to the ventilation system…

Magic: Ermine, cut open the vent with your claw…

Ermine swiftly changed just his hand…and slashed through the thin metal in nothing flat…

Ermine: All done…

They rushed inside and began their investigation…as they went through the vents, they saw many rooms of other shapeshifters being held captive…

Penguin: We have to stop this…it’s not right…
Ermine: I agree, but we need to keep investigating before we act.
Snake: What should we do Magic?

CRUNCH
The vent beneath Magic gave way and he fell…
Snake: Magic, are you ok?
Magic: I’m fine, just go…I’ll catch up later…

In another room…
Yamata watched the scene on a monitor…
Yamata: Ah…so there you are…henchmen…go get them!

Back with Magic…

Where should I go, Magic thought to himself…I suppose I should head to wherever this place is run…and try to shut it down…?
Suddenly, men in masks came storming down the hallway…there were three of them…
Magic quickly shifted his arm into a rattlesnake…and struck the first with a fierce bite to the neck…severing the carotid…the henchman would bleed for a long time...to death if the poison didn’t get him first…he fell to the floor in agony…
Magic then shifted a leg into a cassowary leg…and dealt a swift kick to the second henchman’s gut…it sliced open and his guts fell out…he fell to the ground too…
One left, Magic thought…he quickly grew tusks like an elephant’s and stabbed the last in the heart…

That’s all of them…an alarm sounded…
Crap he thought…and ran off…he found a closet and went in…
A red glow suddenly lit the room…
A little girl showed up…with a red aura…
“Hi, I’m Chiyo Mihama…” (wait wrong character…)
Magic: What?
“I will give you my magic power…it will amplify your already astounding abilities…and let your group use magic…and the others will be able to use weapons in animal form…bye”
She flapped he pigtails and flew away…
Magic: That was weird…

In the vent…
Snake: *shudder* I feel strangely invigorated…let’s get moving…
They came to an armory…
Ermine: Let’s get some weapons to use…
Snake got a gun…
Ermine got a ninja sword…
Penguin got spike knuckles…
Penguin: Let’s go…
They went into the hallway and found henchmen…they were crowded around outside a closet…
The group went to work…

Snake transformed…he, as a snake held his gun with his tail…he wrapped up one of the henchmen…crushing him in his coils…he heard the satisfactory sound of bones crushing and the henchman began to cough blood…
He opened fire on three more…hitting vital points…

Ermine was backed into a corner and transformed and went into a frenzy…he shredded with his claws, and but with his teeth, and sliced with his sword…hitting many foes and killing them in a matter of seconds…he was worked into a rage and kept going…when he calmed down, his enemies were in shreds…

Penguin changed…he punched his way through the crowd…his spikes imbedding deeply, but not fatally…curses he thought…if only I were more powerful…as soon as the thought came to him…a volley of ice arrows appeared around him and fired into his foes…killing them…

Magic came out of the closet (LOL)…

Penguin: What did I do…?
Magic: You did magic…it seems you are a magic type…

They proceeded to the control room…and found Yamata…

Magic: He’s a liar…he didn’t mean to help me…explain!
Yamata: This has all been a test…but you won’t be getting me…I’ll be going now…Maliris, KILL THEM!!!

A serpentine fiend of fire arose before them as Yamata disappeared…

Magic, snake, and Ermine tried valiantly, but could not harm the fiery foe…

Magic: Penguin, use the magic…

Penguin evoked his powers…and a volley of ice arrows, and a tornado of water appeared to hit the beast…and it fell in an explosion that was reduced by the water…

Magic hit the self destruct…and they fled, freeing everyone on their way…

They arrived at the shore…and Magic realized something…

Magic: We are on the island of our country…we need to find a boat…

They found a hut on the sea and went in…

LuigiKong: Hey there dudes…what’s ailing ya?
Magic: We need to get to the mainland, will you get us there?
LuigiKong: Sure, I can tow you guys out to Fisherman’s Haven on my paddleboard…from there, it’s just a short cablecar ride away to the mainland…

They took off into the ocean, being towed by the generous LuigiKong…

If you don’t know who Chiyo is…check out AzuManga Daioh…and here is a small clip of her cuteness

P5

The four , Suiku, Yamata_Demon, Heavens_Reaper, and Raizor_Blaid, stood silently…hanging their heads…they had failed…and they were being told off for it…by the master’s sidekick no less…
Re4master was busy yelling at them for failing…
Judgment appeared…
Judgment: Do not yell, re4master…they tested them…and our friends have proven their power…they will do nicely once I brainwash them…and make them my own…and when the four armies clash…the world will be left to ruin, for me to rebuild in my own design…HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Re4master said nothing…when Judgment had left…he told the four to try again
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:48:11 am »

Chapter 5: A Short Lived Rest

P1

The group easily picked its way through the forest and entered into the town, which was called Heathwood.  Upon entering, Devicho had a revelation.  Her family, the royal family, owned a house here…and she had the key on a necklace she always wore.

They crossed through town, avoiding the busy town square, as they were wounded and didn’t want to draw attention to themselves.  They arrived at the house, which was much smaller than the ice palace, and looked to be much plainer…but once inside, it proved to be just as grandly furnished as the royal abode…

Devicho: Well, this is it, our home away from home, or, at least for the next few days…
Mazzamatt: Wow…look at this place…it’s amazing…do we each get our own bed…?
Devicho: Oh, yes…there are more than enough bedrooms for the four of us…there is actually much more to this place in the basement levels…
Cube: Is it well stocked?  I could go get stuff from the market…we have plenty of money…
Ing: There is no need to go out right now…we will just alarm the citizens…we need to avoid publicity as much as possible…we should clean ourselves up…and princess here will need a disguise…her face is known throughout the country…and I don’t think anyone has seen us enter yet…
Dev: We have enough here for the night…don’t worry…

The group cleaned themselves up and went to bed…in the morning they had toast, bacon, eggs…an all star breakfast…
They found a cloak that Devicho could wear to disguise herself from the public…

The group went out to the market to restock…they found that they would need some more powerful weapons if they were going to be fighting such powerful enemies…
In the market, Devicho saw an old friend from her childhood…his name was koover…she knew that she could trust him not to tell anyone that they were there, and she wanted to say hi…so she did…and told him of their need…koover knew of just the place, a secret underground store…where high class items were sold…a sort of black market…

Ing selected a more powerful sword…one that was longer, sharper, and made of a more durable material than the first…the sword was called Masamune…a sword of wicked strength…but it would drain some of his soul to claim mastery over it…which turned out to be ok…because he was used to doing it…

Mazzamatt chose a set of claws that were taken from a dragon…and still infused in them were some of its power…when he held them for the first time, he felt full of strength…invigorated by the power pulsing through them…

Cube found a new medium for his attacks…he selected a very special crayon…one with a special ability for those who could wield magic…while for others it was just an ordinary bludgeoning crayon…for someone like Cube, what ever was drawn with it…would come to life…and do its creators biddings…

Devicho thought long and hard about her weapon…and decided that she would need something different if she were ever to become self empowered…she would never truly give up her bow…but she needed an alternative…she found a unique weapon…and when she touched it…she knew she had to have it…it was a spiked ball, attached to a long chain…with a metal handle at the end…it was called Spira…holding it…she thought it would feel awkward and unwieldy…but it felt like it had always belonged there…

Cube pulled out the moneybag…and paid for these new weapons…on the way out…koover awaited with a special gift for the group…a book of magic…detailing specific uses…it looked ancient…

Dev: You cannot give this to us.
Koover: It is a family heirloom…and as I am the heir to the family…it is mine to give away if I wish…
Dev: …thanks Koover…

The group headed back to the house…only to find Raizor_Blaid standing on the roof in front of the door…he was wearing dark pants…and a cloak, which billowed in the alpine wind…his eyes glowed gold…from the depths of the silk scarf wrapped around his face…

Raz: So…Princess…I see you’re still alive…
Dev: Raizor_Blaid…who is it you work for…what grudge do they hold against the royal family…?
Matt: Dev, how do you know this guy’s name…?
Dev: I overheard his master talking to him over his wireless communication device…
Raz: My master’s intentions are none of your business…Princess…

He leapt from the roof and landed before them in a cloud of dust…

Raz: All you need to know is that your journey ends here…

He reached into the depths of his cloak…and pulled out a pair of short swords…slightly curved, with ultra fine edges…he lunged forward to attack Devicho…

The Battle Had Begun

Koover: No!!!
He flung himself between Raz and Dev, protecting her, while being impaled by the blades…

Devicho, enraged by the loss of her friend, began to spin Spira…and attacked…but the attacked failed…Raizor_Blaid tangled the chain around his blades, and wrenched Spira from her grip…she was helpless again, her bow would do her no good in this close combat…

Cube acted quickly…he drew a large turtle…which came to life and climbed over Devicho…protecting her with its shell…and then he rushed to bash at the foe with his crayon…clashing again and again with the twin blades, but never being able to break through…

Ing: Get out of the way…
Ing swung the Masamune only once…it sliced clear through both blades…rendering them useless…the sword continued and got stuck in a nearby tree...he didn’t have time to get it out…so he ordered Mazzamatt to go in…

Mazzamatt rushed forward with agile speed…and was about to thrust one of his claws into his foes chest…but Raizor_Blaid said some sort of incantation, and a barrier appeared and he collided into it…Raz then once again allowed for no threat…and teleported away…

Cube’s turtle disappeared…and a sobbing Devicho was revealed…she had lost a dear friend…and would carry that with her in her quest to improve herself…

She spent the rest of the day studying the book of magic…

That night she infused all of her arrows with different magics…and cast a spell upon her quiver that would allow for it to never empty…she cast spells on her teammates…Cube’s crayon would never break…Matt would be able to use magic as a projectile, in addition to already being able to infuse them with energy…and she made Ing’s soul more resilient to Masamune’s evil power…

The next day…they would set off through the forest…and continue their journey…

P2

With the crew safely back on board, the ship made steady progress to the coastal city of Portsmouth, on the edge of the Kolomoki Swamp.  From there it would be a straight shoot across the swamp to get to the inner country.

They arrived at the harbor, where the good Cap’n Ziddee bode them farewell…and sailed off into the horizon.

Fooby: Wow…
Spat: It’s amazing…oh, look pigeons!!!
Zaffenzac: Big cities make me nervous…
Jawo’: I think I’m gonna’ like it here…

The group was alone, in a city they had never been to…but luckily, they knew of a contact they could get help from.  GreenShyGuy…they had an address, and that was all…

They ventured through the busy city streets, and finally found what they were looking for…it was a strange looking place…sort of seeming like a restaurant front, with a huge fish shaped room on the top…

Spat: How peculiar…
Zaffenzac: I don’t like fish…

The group entered in…and found the place surprisingly empty…

Fooby walked up to the counter and rang the service bell…it echoed throughout the building…

“YESSSS”

Fooby: Hello?  Where are you?
Voice: Down here…
A little guy walked around the counter…he wore a green robe, and a mask…
GSG: I am GreenShyGuy…you must be the group from the capital…well, what would you like to know?
Jawo’: We need somewhere to stay while we’re here…
GSG: You can stay in my house upstairs…
Zaffenzac: In the fish…aw man…
GSG gave him a look
Spat: Be quite Zaf…we need to get some new weapons…we are having some problems with an enemy…I don’t think what we have will cut it…
GSG: Certainly, tomorrow I will take you to the Commercial District, where you can buy new supplies…today, you should just rest…I would like to hear about your journey…

The group told GSG all about the voyage, and the unexpected stop at Skull Island…and about the fight…and the magic…

Apparently, GreenShyGuy knew quite a bit about magic…and told them more about how to use the magic effectively…and taught them a trick that would allow them to contact him even while they were away…

The next day, GreenShyGuy took them to the subway station…it was a marvel for the group, who came from the less developed capital…which was only the capital because it was the center of religion…
They were impressed by all of the technology in the city…
After a quick ride on the train, they emerged back onto the city streets…in a district that bustled even more than the port…

GSG took them down an alley…to a strange looking shop…
GSG: This is one of the best shops in town…they have all sorts of weaponry…very good weaponry at that…let me introduce you to the shopkeeper…me…haha…and while you are here…could I interest you in a smoothie while you look…they’re very tasty

Zaffenzac: Why yes, thank you.

Taking a good look around the store…they each found something they could use…

Fooby found a nice little thing…a sword…it was fairly short, and it had two blades…separated by a gap in the middle…it shimmered with an almost blue sheen…it radiated energy…and Fooby wanted it…it was called the Sword of Souls…

Jawo’ selected some new boots and knuckles…a bit heavier than the ones he had before…with spikes on them for increased damage…

Zaffenzac decided he was no good with a slingshot, and so he chose a huge mallet instead…holding it…he teetered unsteadily…

Spat picked out a spear…one with a single blade…that was fairly light…when it was spun…it made a sort of whistling music…

In the alley, after making their purchase, they heard a skittering noise…a little dog flew through the air…and landed in Spat’s arms…

Zaffenzac: Aah…!
Spat: Oh, what a cute little Chihuahua…I think I’ll call it Tiny…
GSG: Hmm…that’s weird…he’s rabid…he normally wouldn’t be friendly ever…
Fooby: Must like Spat then…
Jawo’: Let’s go…

Once back at GSG’s house, they entered…and saw someone…

Zaffenzac: Oh no!  It’s that woman…what was her name again?
Jawo’: Suiku

The person got really mad
Suiku: I’M NOT A WOMAN!!! That’s it kid…you’re toast…
He allowed his robe to drop to the floor…granting him more maneuverability…
He pulled out his staff and began to attack…
He fired off a burst of water towards Zaffenzac…who lifted his hammer to attack…but fell over…the shot flew past harmlessly, and hit the wall…
Suiku was at that point directly over him, poised to bring his staff crashing down into his skull…
As it was falling, it was stopped by a blow from Fooby’s sword…and the two began to clash, neither one gaining ground…they went bask and forth across the room, their weapons slamming into each other again and again…Jawo’ decided to help out…and kicked his staff out of his grasp…
Suiku: No!
He ran to go and grab it…
At this point, Spat set Tiny loose on him…Tiny bit him in the ankle…and Suiku screamed…he then grabbed his staff, fended Tiny off, and teleported away…

The place was kind of a wreck…
Fooby: Sorry about that…is there anything we can do…
GSG: Oh…it’s no problem…I’m rich…so I can get all the help I want…
Jawo’: Well, I guess we’d better get ready to go tomorrow…that journey through the swamp won’t be easy…
GSG: Oh, I have a surprise for you…an acquaintance of mine can take you through it on his small boat…it won’t be a problem…he owes me a favor or two…

In the morning…they took the subway to the swamp side of the city…they found the small dock…and waited for their new transporter…GameSharkDude…

P3

DoctorWormX was busy.  That airship crash…what had caused it…it didn’t matter.  He was now forced to take care of four patients at once.  And that was a hastle.

He went into the first room.  In this room was Duprav, a young man.  He had sustained a few cracked ribs, and had been unconscious until a few hours ago.  He would soon be well enough to leave.  He moved on to the next.  In here lay Missing_My_Head.  He had managed to be completely unharmed, but the hospital had wanted him observed nonetheless.  In the third room lay Meta_Vaati.  This one had gotten his left leg crushed in rubble.  DocX had had to surgically replace the bones with metal.  That had been tricky.  The last one was TheRealTBizzle, who had lost a hand in the crash.  They had put an attachment on it that would allow him to mount weapons and such on it.

He finally was able to allow them to leave.  They waved goodbye, and went out into the city.

Meta_Vaati: Well, where do we go now?
Duprav: In the crash we lost all of our supplies, we’ll need to replace them.
MMH: I managed to save our money…so we can still afford to buy stuff.  Does anyone know the way around this city?
TBizzle: Well, I’ve been here a few times.  The storefronts should be this way, two blocks or so.

They went over to the stores…and found a shop that was run by a man named Agaranok.  It seemed that he had many useful things, some of them obviously gotten from shady sources.  The store was a gold mine.

Meta_Vaati found himself a pair of daggers.  They were oddly marked, with ancient texts running up and down the blades.  Agaranok told them that they were originally owned by a royal family of the area, thousands of years in the past.  Surely they were infused with some sort of power.

TBizzle found a lethal looking hook that could be attached to his arm.  It would be hard to get used to not being a long range fighter, but he would do his best.  Plus, now he looked more like the pirates of old times.

MMH selected a long staff, significantly longer than the one he had used before.  It was also able to extend and contract at the users will, which would be very useful.

Duprav found that he would be making a weapon switch too.  He found an extraordinary weapon.  It was a sword, but it was also a gun.  It was a gunblade.  Agaranok said that it had been made by the alchemists, long ago.

They made their way out of the store, and decided that the best step from there would be to go catch a train to help them cross over the canyons.  They made the long trek through the city to get to the train station in the northeastern part of town.  They caught the first train and got settled in their car.  It would be a fairly long, but comfortable trip.

Heavens_Reaper had other plans in store for them.  He arrived at the hospital, and got from DocX that the group had gone to the stores.  He then found Agaranok, who told him that they had gone to the train station.  He knew what needed to be done.  He teleported t immediately.

In the train, the group was resting easy.  They were not prepared for the sudden appearance of H_R in the car.  Immediately, a fight broke out.

TBizzle leaped at him.  Not used to the hook yet, it got hung on the scythe’s staff, and flung him into his opponent, causing both to fall to the floor.  Duprav took aim and began firing at H_R, hitting him in the body, but seeming to cause no damage whatsoever, but after a few shots, he was rewarded by a cry of pain.  Meta_Vaati caught H_R off guard and had a dagger to his throat.  MMH then got rid of the nuisance by extending the staff, so that it hit his chest, and launched the foe out the window.

Unfortunately, before Heavens_Reaper hit the ground, he vanished in a swirl of cloak, leaving the group on edge.  When would they be seeing this foul foe again?  

Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:48:24 am »

P4

LuigiKong pulled the group along with no trouble at all.  The calm tropical sea made the journey especially easy, and the warmth of the water made it quite pleasant.  The group could see a long ways into the depths, and there were many varieties of fishes; luckily, there were no sharks.

Soon, the Fisherman’s Haven loomed up on the horizon, and they would be arriving shortly.

LuigiKong: There it is dudes, our destination…looks like will be there soon.
Penguin: Hey…I have a relative living here…we can stay with them!
Snaketheserpent: Really, that’s cool…
Ermine: Now why didn’t you tell us this earlier?
Penguin: I forgot…
Ermine: What? Are you stupid or something?
Magic: Stop arguing, guys…

They pulled up to the massive town…it was an island…that used to float freely on the ocean, and was only recently set still by long supports down to the ocean floor…
They thanked LuigiKong for his generosity, and paid him a small token of gratitude.

Penguin: Hey guys, this way…
Penguin led them off through the bustling town.  He rushed towards the residential zone, which was in the center of town…he found the house he was looking for…and knocked on the door…
Penguinish_Two answered the door.
Two: Oh, hey cuz…
Penguin: Hi…we are on a journey…and we need a place to stay while we are here…can we stay here?
Two: Of course you can.

The group got settled into the house and got some rest.  The food was great, fresh from the sea, and all of the people were so nice.  After a few days of rest, the group really needed to move on, and so, they were going get tickets for the cable car.  Penguin decided to stay behind, to do some catching up with his cousin, and the others would come back for himafter they got the tickets.

The group headed to the cable car station.  They were heading along, but then someone stepped out from a dark alleyway.

Yamata: Well.  It seems we meet again.  Hmm…it seems that you are missing that brat who shot my beast with ice last time.  This time you won’t be so lucky.

He pulled out a nasty looking axe, which looked unwieldy, but he could move it with such speed and ability that it would surely be unstoppable in close combat.

As a precaution, Snake called upon his elemental ability, and formed a wall of earth between them…blocking the attack…

Magic: We’d better be going now…
The group took off…and soon, Yamata broke through the wall, and began to pursue them.  They had to get away so Ermine came up with a plan…
He, too, evoked the element inside him…and launched a blast of lightning at Yamata, followed by a burst of wind that flung him away…

The group made it safely to the ticket station, and bought their tickets, but they had no time to go back and get Penguin, so Magic used powerful magic, and brought him straight there via teleportation…

The group set off in the cable car, for the two hour journey across the sea…

They were pretty calm for a while…but then something landed on the roof…

Penguin: What was that?
A slash opened in the ceiling to reveal Yamata glaring down on them…
Ermine: Uh-oh
Magic changed his legs to kangaroo style, and launched himself up, headbutting Yamata, and knocking him over…
The others climbed up after him…
Snake transformed and wrapped Yamata up…he used his power to surround himself in flame, to cause damage…
Ermine caused a small bolt of lightning to hit Yamata…and Snake got off of him…
Penguin then finished it by blasting him with a water ball…and knocking him off the car…
He was gone when they looked down after him…mysteriously vanished…

The group went back down and rested until they arrived at the desert…

P5

Judgment was furious.  His four warriors had failed him again.  He would not tolerate this sort of failure.  As a punishment, he stripped them of their titles, and told them that they would get them back only if they could succeed the next time.
Re4master could do nothing but look on.  He was afraid of Judgment, to be sure, but he sympathized with the four.  They didn’t deserve that.  Re4master had always planned to betray Judgment one day, to take his place at the top.  These four could prove of some use…he decided that he would go to them, and begin to sow the seeds of betrayal.  In a matter of time, Judgment would fall.
It was all re4master could do to contain his ecstasy with how well his plans were going.  Soon, he would be on top of the world.
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:49:09 am »

Chapter 6: Betrayal and Deception

PI
   Dawn broke across the peaceful village of Althena, in the country of Wellsinth.  The hustling and bustling society of psychics had never allowed for much to leak from their country.  The mountain walls kept most out, and the trickle of information that did escape told only of the vast expanses of wilderness, and said nothing of the psychics or their country.  In truth, no country wanted to enter, because it held no advantage for anyone else.  It was the perfect place for the peace loving people, and looking out from their village, situated on top of the tallest mountain in the world, they could observe everything around them.

Having woken up hours before sunrise, Lumines looked out across the plains.  Using his mind’s eye, he gazed into the other countries…and saw something troubling.  There were four groups approaching them, one from each of the other countries, and they were close too.  Even more troubling was what came behind them.  There were armies charging after them, heading towards this country.

Judgment had told them that they would not be troubled.  Somehow, Lumines knew that he had something to do with this problem.  He wrote out four letters, one to each of the four that were studying under him.  After sending these, he rushed off to confront Judgment himself.

Arriving at Judgment’s fortress, which floated above the city, he entered silently and slunk down the hallways and finding Judgment’s room.  He confronted the betrayer.  A fierce mental battle soon ensued.  After hours of struggle, Judgment vaporized Lumines…the fight was over.  His plot was revealed, but as far as he was concerned, there was nothing anyone could do to stop it…

P2
   Sasori arrived at the spot indicated to meet in Lumines’ letter.  He was a bit early, but already the others were there.  In the small, crowded room stood NubChaos, 911, and Banjo2553.

911: We need to get out of here as fast as we can, we must intercept these groups and get them back here, before these armies can arrive and all hell breaks loose.

Nub: It seems that we will need to split up; each of us need to go to one group…

Sasori: So, how will we go about doing this?  Who will go where?

Banjo: We need to escape first…Judgment will try to stop us…perhaps we should disconnect his fortress from our city…there are four chains, one towards each country…

911: Then it is settled, let’s go…

911 headed for the Northwest gate…and found it unguarded; he quickly began to break the chain with his sword…and was attacked from behind just as the chain broke free…

There had been a guard, only invisible…lashing out with the sword he killed the foe easily…

Sasori headed for the Southwest gate…and quickly dispatched the guard with his powerful telekinesis…sending the foe off of the edge and plummeting to his death…
He then proceeded to rip the chain from it’s holding…

NubChaos arrived at the Southeast gate…the guard did not expect the mindblast that hit him…and he fell to the ground writhing in pain…he would be that way for several days.  Nub pulled out his knife and pried the chain loose from it’s seat…

Banjo headed to Northwest gate…he saw the guard from a long distance off…he used his own ability to dispose of him…he took over this guard’s mind…and forced him to break his own neck…he then whipped out a spear…and worked the chain loose…

With all four chains broken…Judgment’s fortress began to float away…

P3

Raizor_Blaid was troubled; if he didn’t succeed this time he would be surely punished even more severely by Judgment, and re4master’s words still hung in his head.  The four of them had decided to keep an eye on both of them, but the more dire need was to find themselves in good favor with Judgment, so that if it came to it, they would be able to betray him…

Raizor was deep in the forest looking for a contact, a lead troll who would prove useful in the forest.  The Princess and her group would not be familiar with the forest, and sending these after them would give him an edge in capturing them.  He finally found who he was looking for, WizdomKube.

He approached with caution; trolls were unpredictable and he didn’t want to set off it’s flaming instinct.  He spoke.

“WizdomKube, I require your services.  You must take out this traveling group, and make sure that they do not pass through this forest alive.”

“And why should I do that?”

This is something Raizor had worried about; the troll was not being agreeable.  He would have to take more drastic measures.  He used his elemental power to bring the earth up to Kube’s neck.

“Because…if you don’t comply…you might find yourself dead…and if you do…you will likely find Judgment’s favor in his new world order…”

“Very well…I will do this.”

Raizor gave WizdomKube a description of Devicho and her group…and left the troll…laughing inwardly.
Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:49:54 am »

P4

Suiku disliked swamps, but that was exactly what he was forced to go through.  At least I don’t have to walk in this muck though, he thought to himself.  Indeed, he skimmed lightly over the surface, and his robes stayed just clear of the water and sludge.  He needed to find the man known as the Shaman.  As far as Suiku could recall, his mother had once said that the Shaman’s true name was doctorwomx.
   The Shaman being the only living being more gifted in necromancy than himself, Suiku would have to be careful with how he treated this task.  He needed the man to use his powers to take out the group in the swamp.  This certainly wasn’t a place Suiku was willing to work in himself.  Off in the distance, The Shaman’s stilted dwelling finally came into view.

Stopping at the base of the ladder, Suiku decided it best not to use his abilities here.  He climbed up slowly.

In the house, The Shaman sat staring blankly across the swamp.  Slowly he turned his head.  His eyes were a freakish grey, like a ghoul.  “What do you want here, woman?”

Suiku immediately took a disliking to this man…he hated when people confused his gender.  “I simply come to ask you a favor; I need you to take out a group that is traveling through these swamps.  They are irking me and my master greatly.”

“I gave that up many years ago…now, I am left to sit here, and grow older, until I die.”

Suiku suddenly remembered something else about this man.  His wife had been slain by the Kilitians in a war decades ago.  “Maybe I failed to mention that this group is from Kilitia…that should be of some interest to you…ku-ku-ku.”

“I will eliminate them, then…leave me now…I must prepare.”

Suiku left and let himself walk on the fog this time…he would be out of the swamp in a day, and everything was going according to plan.  If his luck held up, he thought to himself, he would get boosted up highly in Judgment’s ranks.  He relished the thought of ordering around all of the others…especially re4master…who did he think he was…trying to convince them to betray Judgment…Suiku laughed at his foolishness…

P5

Heavens_Reaper was trying to find someone he could use to his advantage…he knew it would be hard to find anyone in the many deep canyons that surrounded the area, but he did not give up hope…he had to find somebody…his job, and maybe even his life, depended on this mission being successful…and he needed to find a person to employ…almost giving up his search, he found luck had decided to favor him…at the edge of one of the canyons was a crew of sky pirates…surely some money would be enough to persuade them into assisting him…considering the target was what they might call…an easy target…a small group with plenty of money…

He approached the group silently…finding the leader of the crew, which was surprisingly small…only four people…but they should do…he walked up behind the leader…and spoke..

“I will require your assistance…I can pay you well for this endeavor, not to mention you will be able to reap a reward from this…will you take the job…?”

The leader, Sonick54, replied…
   “What sort of job is this…and who are you to approach us with it?”

“You merely have to take out a group of travelers that are coming this way…there are only four of them…and I know they are loaded with money…and I am certain that Lord Judgment would treat you well for your service…” Reaper knew that was a lie…Judgment would never reward someone like a sky pirate…

“We will accept your offer…”

Reaper payed him…and drifted off into the night, vanishing into the darkness…

P6

It was hot…but what else could be expected from a desert…Yamata trudged across the windswept dunes…he was supposed to be looking for someone to hire…or manipulate into work…but he would have been happier with an oasis…

Looking across the endless wasteland…he saw what looked like one in the distance…but it was probably another mirage…he had fooled himself a few times already…but nonetheless he was in desperate need of water at this point…luckily it was a real oasis…

He found plenty of water…and fulfilled his need…soon after…a hideous girl…he thought it was a girl…came into the oasis…she was one of the sand people…truly hideous to look at…but would prove useful…he decided an abduction was in order…

He kidnapped her…and had her lead him to her village…where he threatened to kill her if they didn’t do as he said…he forced them into the job…and laughed inwardly…
They would be going after the group themselves…and as soon as they left…he would kill this girl…and leave…

It was a truly brilliant plan…he thought…he barely had to do any work at all…it was all going so well…he laughed…surely this would find him Judgment’s favor…but what of re4master…where exactly did his allegiance truly stand…Yamata decided he would have plenty of time to think that through once all the villagers had gone…and he had executed his prisoner…

Report Spam   Logged

sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:50:33 am »

Whew...that was a lot of copy and paste...
 Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

I_like_Nonon
The one and only ILS
Global Moderator
Just Wow.....

Mood: Quixotic

That guy

« Reply #11 on: 20 June, 2007, 07:53:39 am »

Shocked

*Over 9000 thumbs up*

I wish I could give some constructive criticism but I am currently staring in awe at my computer screen.
Report Spam   Logged

Obsidius
Knight

Me > You. FACT!

« Reply #12 on: 20 June, 2007, 10:19:07 am »

Wow..... You must of had a lot of time on your hands Sasori XD.
Report Spam   Logged

I am CyberSturm from Gfaqs Dangit!

^Team may change.
Killer_Spatula
Custom Title!
Legendary Member

Mood: Happy

Killer_Spatula

« Reply #13 on: 20 June, 2007, 03:00:32 pm »

Yay for my chihuahuas :3
I do like the way I am portrayed, thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Signature!
sasori1122
The Puppet Master
Administrator
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: 20 June, 2007, 05:47:52 pm »

It's been worked on for weeks...I actually feel I've been too lazy with it...I'll try to get some more up tonight...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: