Ultimate Paradise
29 March, 2024, 03:53:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Bomberman Jetters SUCKS!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bomberman Jetters SUCKS!  (Read 130 times)
Mad Irish Kid
The Ultimate Bomberman and Mario Fan
Holy Ruler

~Koover

« on: 10 October, 2007, 01:17:37 am »

Yeah.......that game freaking sucks.

A LOT!

Graphics: Admittedly, these are decent. But not anything to boast about. Cel-shadding is something that can be used to give games an artistic style, or make them look truly beautiful.

In Jetters, they just slap on the Cel for no reason, and sometimes there are weird lookin parts where you can see through enemies due to the Cel-shading. Great, nearly invisible enemies, THAT SOUNDS FUN! Ugh.....and very little in the game is very smooth, you are looking at the characters from a distance and they still look just a little blocky.

Generation came out years before this and has better graphics.......that is so wrong......

At least the animated scenes look great....

Music: HORRIBLE! Most Bomberman games have pretty good music, usually something catchy like a nice little tune, or something maybe techno-ish. But in THIS piece of crap called a game, the song is a 15-second loop that gets stuck in your head. FAST.

It can give such a head-ache in the half-hour long courses.....multiple times I just turned off the volume. Silence is better than this crap.

And you dont even want to know how the main theme sounds.......yuck.

Sounds: Bad sounding effects. Then again this is kinda common in a lot of Bomberman games so whatever, but the voice acting.......THE ****ING HORRIBLE VOICE-ACTING! OH GOD IT MAKES MY EARS CRY TEARS OF BLOOD!

ITS WORSE THAN THE FREAKING SONIC THE HEDGEHOG VOICE ACTORS! THAT SHOULDNT BE POSSIBLE! ITS LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF A 4KIDS DUB!

Style:........Bomberman was not meant to look like this. he was meant to be a little block head guy who was short, had black simple eyes, and round hands. Its not as bad as the 360 Bomberman, but the fact that they edited Bomberman as much as they did in this game still disgusts me. I can understand giving colors to his eyes and making him tall but.........fingers?

Controls: Easy to learn I suppose. The controls are good. But the camera..........is a ****ing piece of ****.

SO yeah, thats the basic stuff, but whats the actual gameplay like?

Single player: Words can not describe the hate I have for this. It's like Generation but 10x worse. The levels are incredibly repetitive, long, and dull. The bosses are easy and boring, until you get to the fake last boss who is a nearly impossible son of a ***** to beat.

Charobom battles return, but yet again there is NO WAY to battle once you've collected every charabom........which is dumb. Especially since you can even do that in older games like Bomberman MAX 2. There are "new" bombs but they are just re-hashes of past explosives (aqua-bomb AGAIN?) and are not interesting in any way. There is really nothing new or innovative about this game.

BUT WAIT! YOU CAN PLAY AS MAX!

Who gives a ****? I expected them to let you do some cool stuff since MAX always acts like such a badass, but he's the same as Bomberman except he can't use charaboms or special bombs which makes him totally useless.

He has the Hyper Plasma Bomb which you have to use in the game, like, twice maybe. But it takes nearly a minute to charge up, and when charged it only does 1/4 a heart of damage making it tied with normal small bomb for weakest attack in the game. wtf? Hyper Plasma Bomb is canonically one of the most powerful bombs there is. Why did they make it suck so much? So yeah, you never play as MAX. He sucks in this game.

Then theres the story, the HIGE HIGE bandits (stupid name, believe me I know) are going to crash a planet they just happen to have for some reason and built 4 engines on, into Bomber Planet which would destroy it, killing the bombers so the HIGEs can rob the galaxy. However all the HIGEs will die too.

Yep. They are going to kill themselves so they can do stuff while they are alive later. Flawless logic. You can tell the story board spent a long time on this one!

Also, when you complete every single freaking thing in the game you get to go to Bomber Planet! I expected a few cool secret levels, but no. I get to fight Mujoe and Mechadoc in their flying hunks of crap. Then I sit threw the credits again. Yay.

Multiplayer:The multiplayer ALMOST makes this game good. But the only fun mode is normal which is in almost every other Bomberman game ever made anyway. And now each character has some stupid special which makes the game have "tiers" which is stupid since Bomberman multiplayer has no need for such things. Theres a few secret characters but almost all of them are the exact same thing as another character but with a different costume.

And theres a HUGE load time! it once took over ten minutes to load one match!

So there you have it, there is nothing good about this game. I got it for only 12.99 and I still feel ripped off.

THIS.

GAME.

SUCKS!

P.S. I still love the Bomberman Jetters anime, I just hate the game. And I'll be surprised if anyone actually read this far. I just really needed to rant about this crappy game.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ahriman
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2007, 02:21:17 am »

So are you now aware that Bomberman in general sucks, or are you going to continue going off with your blind fanboyism?
Report Spam   Logged
Mad Irish Kid
Holy Ruler

~Koover

« Reply #2 on: 10 October, 2007, 06:34:15 pm »

So are you now aware that Bomberman in general sucks, or are you going to continue going off with your blind fanboyism?

Blind fanboy-ism.

Although keep in mind the only Bomberman game I am actually a fanboy of is Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. All the other games are just decent imo.
Report Spam   Logged
-911-
« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2007, 06:35:42 pm »

Blind fanboy-ism.

Although keep in mind the only Bomberman game I am actually a fanboy of is Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. All the other games are just decent imo.
I liked Mega Bomberman.....
Report Spam   Logged
Mad Irish Kid
Holy Ruler

~Koover

« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2007, 11:04:04 pm »

Blind fanboy-ism.

I liked Mega Bomberman.....

I haven't played that one.

Bomberman games I like are 64, Tournament, MAX 2, and 93'. <--- the decent ones.

Bomberman games I LOVE are The Second Attack and Hero. <--- the great ones.

Bomberman games I HATE are Generation and Jetters. <--- the ****ty ones.

Original Bomberman is..................meh.

Haven't played any besides the ones listed above.
Report Spam   Logged
Rai
empirical wwizard of wwhite science
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: Raizor
Mood: ...

« Reply #5 on: 11 October, 2007, 05:09:45 pm »

Just wait until you play Act Zero, if ever! 8D
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: