Ultimate Paradise
08 December, 2021, 12:18:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Playthrough Topic (Hades)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 106   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playthrough Topic (Hades)  (Read 23381 times)
Youef
Local Mod
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: UF
Mood: Relaxed

Upgraded-Form

« Reply #1485 on: 05 December, 2019, 02:32:58 am »

Still no-lifeing FF14 on my journey towards Shadowbringers.

Stormblood spoilers

Iíve done a fair amount of Stormblood now. I lowered my expectations of this expansionís story, which I think helped a bunch. I can already tell that it isnít as strong as Heavensward. Each zoneís story is usually some variation of the heroes trying to get help from a group of people, the group of people refusing unless the heroes do some **** for them, and then the group helps them out against the Empire.

Speaking of, the Empire is still pretty comically evil. This game continues to take a lot of cues from Star Wars. Zenos isnít a particularly compelling villain, but I guess heís entertaining enough for me to want to beat him. I just wish we got to see some more nuance to the Empire this time around. Like, Nidhogg was a bloodthirsty jerk, but at least we know heís that way because we killed his sister or whatever. You would think they wouldíve evolved beyond ARRís one-dimensional depiction of this entity. In fact, I think Gaius was a more interesting villain than Zenos. Iím hoping Yotsuyuís backstory doesnít disappoint, but who knows.

That said, I am still enjoying the story. I really like the Azim Steppe and the way the game explored its peopleís culture. Some of the side quests have also been great too. You do, of course, have the typical fetch quests, but there are some pretty good ones here otherwise, and Iím digging it. I donít think any of this is bad at all, just not as good as HW.

Despite whatever grievances I have, Iím actually at the peak of my enjoyment of this game. I think thatís mainly because I have discovered that I love tanking at these higher levels. Itís so incredibly satisfying. This expansionís sequence of DRK quests have been really good too. Currently at level 67 for that, hoping to finish it up soon. The overall dungeon quality of Stormblood is also very good, although I havenít done many yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 106   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: