Ultimate Paradise
20 October, 2021, 07:23:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11652 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #1365 on: 15 July, 2011, 10:43:13 am »

Today's anime is Armageddon (#5), a Korean anime (by Ahriman's shitty definition, it's not anime, so lol) from 1996. Essentially, it's basically a superhero anime where the protagonist is an avatar of a supercomputer (no joke) and fights against a race that wishes to kill all of humanity in order to inhabit Earth. It's as generic as that summary sounds, and then some. The biggest problem is that this is fucking boring as all hell; it has a run time of 85 minutes and it squanders all of them. There's nothing to glue my attention to the fucking thing; it's just horrifically generic, boring and a waste of 85 minutes. --- 2/10

On a miscellaneous note, this is one of the first terrible 90's anime dubs I've watched that actually has a recognizable voice cast by today's standards. I could spot Mona Marshall, Steve Blum, Wendee Lee and even Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, among others. Obscure and bad anime tend to have extremely cheap, local actors who only ever work on one or two bad dubs, so it's odd to hear familiar voices. That said, they don't do a good job, but in comparison to things like MD Geist and Baoh, it's serviceable. Also, considering that this was made in South Korea, a whole bunch of characters, the main one included, have flat-tops that are highly reminiscent of Kim Jong-il's infamous hair-don't; one kid was also fat and ugly enough to be able to pass off as him as a middle school student.

-----

I planned on watching other shit today, but I had some severe problems trying to find one of the entries on this list. University Girls is getting thrown off my list, so I'm not going to be covering any hentai for the entirety of this list (unless Fish in the Trap is hentai). It'll be replaced by the new 25th worst anime, Sword for Truth. But anyway, I wasted four hours of my day trying to download University Girls and failed, so I'm really fucking pissed and I don't want to waste another second of my day.
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2011, 10:44:59 am by Geist » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: