Ultimate Paradise
16 October, 2021, 01:54:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11652 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #1365 on: 19 July, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »

Finished the Little Garden arc of One Piece. I have two problems so far:

1) So far, I don't like Baroque Works nearly enough to think that they deserve to be present for 90 chapters. Drum Island will be a change of pace, but I have no interest in that either and it's just going to transition into the 60-chapter Alabasta arc and... about twenty chapters after that ends, we have the 75-chapter Skypeia arc, and after a short interval, there's another 53 chapters in Waters 7, 56 chapters in Enies Lobby... When reading everything about those arcs, I don't fucking care about them. It may be better in context and I actually am interested in everything after those, but I'm looking at a 300-chapter wall of arcs that just don't sound interesting enough to warrant such length.
2) This scanlation. It's like it was run through an old photocopier and then stretched out to boot. There are pages in which I had no clue what was going on because this scanlation is absolutely gimpy. There are plenty of large cutoffs for numerous pages (not related to naturally thin panels, but they don't mix well of course). There appear to be coffee stains on the edges of a few of these pages. The translation is also of a below-average quality, but it's not too big of an issue in comparison to the Kuro arc scanlation. But... here's the biggest problem: I scanned the next series of chapters by increments of 5 up to chapter 200. All of them are of equal quality. I needed to use shrunken versions of these pages to improve the quality (hosted by that retardedly slow site from which I got the first few Berserk chapters) and I'm still have problems telling what's going on. It's kind of a chore to read after a while, and I since I read manga because it's easier to go through, that doesn't work for me.

It's still good and all, but really, this is going to affect my willingness to continue reading this and the pace at which I shall read this.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: