Ultimate Paradise
18 September, 2021, 12:08:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11639 times)
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1575 on: 03 December, 2015, 01:57:27 pm »

Zankyou no Charlotte
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1576 on: 04 December, 2015, 05:09:09 am »

yeah, pretty hype for jack right now. he already seemed pretty damn intimidating, but holy shit at that bounty.

pretty annoyed about the break next week. really want to know what this guy looks like in human form
« Last Edit: 04 December, 2015, 05:14:16 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #1577 on: 04 December, 2015, 08:52:53 am »

one piece takes a break every other week it seems

i need more deadly cuddly animal people
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1578 on: 11 December, 2015, 08:58:34 am »

[7:51:09 AM] Me: my stats final is in 4 hours and i have classes before then
[7:51:18 AM] Me: so this is clearly the best time to see if akinator has my waifu
[7:51:27 AM] Me: (answer is no)

also watching the grand finale of charlotte tonight i guess i cannot wait
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1579 on: 11 December, 2015, 04:18:36 pm »

Don't blink, you might miss being bored
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1580 on: 11 December, 2015, 08:59:29 pm »

oh, i didn't know this screencap came from charlotte. that's a pretty old fuck-up at this point and kind of an impossibly insane, egregious someone-in-japanese-101-could-correct-it kind of error, it's kind of lame that crunchyroll never fixed it

EDIT: Finished about half an hour ago. Actually gonna stretch my muscles and write a proper review for my own self-gratification. About 25 minutes into that and I'm already at 600 words...
« Last Edit: 11 December, 2015, 10:04:45 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1581 on: 13 December, 2015, 04:41:45 pm »

not too big on how one punch man seems to be ending. they kinda hamstrung themselves when they chose to end on an arc that, while spectacular for its final battle, isn't actually a good place to end thematically, and in relation to all of the new plot points they've brought up like the massive ensemble cast the arc introduces at its beginning. i guess they're playing up the seriousness and treating boros as more of a foil to saitama than he ultimately was, but he's still gonna die without doing a whole lot to saitama and without enough characterization and hype (unlike garou) where the idea of the fight is enough to pull it off.

i feel like in my ideal world, the anime would go for another 12 episodes and would end upon finishing the garou arc, but then again, I think they're taking a lot of inspiration from the manga remake, which is nowhere close to finishing that arc (and is even wasting away in filler), so I dunno how adapting from the webcomic after it would catch up with the manga would go. i guess this is probably the best they could do if they reaaaally had to make it 12 episodes, but it's the best choice to make out of a situation that is just unilaterally bad

i guess the boros fight will be satisfying enough of a note to end on, it's just that the garou arc is literally perfect for not only ending on a spectacular, balls-breaking fight, but also ending a thematic note that's kind of appropriate for one punch man. it might have helped to have waited another year, but i dunno if the show would have resonated as powerfully then as it has up to this point. it's still a good show of course, so oh well.
« Last Edit: 13 December, 2015, 04:43:55 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1582 on: 13 December, 2015, 11:07:15 pm »

Presumably they're going to wait another year or so for Murata to churn through some more chapters before they announce a continuation.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1583 on: 13 December, 2015, 11:25:50 pm »

yeah, I assume that, but my problem is if that's too late to have any kind of momentum. like, one punch man to date is a success, but it'll probably be like, two years or so. that's quite an amount of time to stagger seasons of the same show out, even if the first season was a raging success.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1584 on: 14 December, 2015, 11:09:16 am »

It's what they're doing with Attack on Titan, though. So it's not unprecedented. Though that doesn't make failure any more or less likely, I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1585 on: 14 December, 2015, 11:45:40 am »

Oh, it's definitely not the first time it has happened, but that doesn't mean it lacks the potential to hurt the second season relative to how well the original thing did. The Attack on Titan situation seems to be a pretty good example of it, where it feels like that's slowly, incrementally waning from the public conscious and I dunno how that will affect the second series whenever it comes out. Maybe everyone who liked it will be back for seconds, maybe not. Whatever would happen with Attack on Titan 2, you can expect that trend to be more severe with One Punch Man, because while it's quite successful, it's definitely not as successful as AoT.

Like, I dunno, but anime is weird in how comparatively disposable it is compared to other mediums. Of course smash hits are more immunized to that compared to your Chaikas or your Gakkou Gurashis and whatnot, but I'm totally predicting a severe drop in viewership for Attack on Titan 2, and by extension, One Punch Man if it does the same thing.

There's also just logistics like if a second season will be able to retain all of the talent that made One Punch Man as good as it has been, or if a lot of those folks will be busy and elsewhere. Or how trying to assemble that talent again will further delay production. Then again, if they didn't do it now, maybe they wouldn't have been able to have all this talent in the first place, so that does go both ways.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1586 on: 16 December, 2015, 04:35:53 pm »

ok nevermind jack looks dumb

i guess you could tell in his mammoth form that he had some pretty goofy hair, but i was at least hoping he'd have the proportions to pull it off.
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1587 on: 17 December, 2015, 12:31:15 pm »

I was more struck by the goofy mammoth tusk swords.

Also by the fact that this duderino is apparently dead? After they wasted so much time introducing him, too...
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1588 on: 17 December, 2015, 01:27:19 pm »

It's a "never found the body" kind of deal. There's no way he's dead.

Anyway, had a variety hour anime club meeting yesterday, with randomly-picked shows. One of them was the dub to Excel Saga, and it's kind of amazing how absolutely horrible that show is, and that people still think it's a classic lol. Also watched the first episode of Humanity Has Declined, which I watched and enjoyed about a year ago now.

But the real show of the day was motherfucking Great Revolution: Dai Shogun, picked by one of the officers retiring this semester as a final screw you to the club. Like, there are no words that can describe how awful that show is, that is one legendarily terrible show, oh my god.
Report Spam   Logged

Arnaham

I'm: Who?
Username: Arnaham
Mood: Busy

« Reply #1589 on: 17 December, 2015, 11:20:33 pm »

Dai Shogun was one of the last things I watched in my anime club. It would've been better if not for the one awful obnoxious guy I've told you about but it was certainly something. Great animation.

Speaking of that guy, I encountered his Twitter a little while ago and it turns out he's a huge gamergate ****.

*edited*
« Last Edit: 18 December, 2015, 12:24:39 am by Arnaham » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: