Ultimate Paradise
18 September, 2021, 11:55:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11639 times)
Ahriman
« Reply #510 on: 19 November, 2009, 12:14:32 am »

I still don't fully gather what OT is raging about CANAAN for, they don't seem to have any reason in particular. I haven't watched it so I don't know.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #511 on: 19 November, 2009, 12:55:50 am »

Well, these are people who are too retarded to realize that a bad adaptation is not synonymous with bad in general, so I doubt it sucks too much.
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #512 on: 21 November, 2009, 06:23:29 pm »

So, I've decided to watch One Piece. Problem: I'm streaming it off of FUNIMATION's site. It's going at a slug's pace, something I'm really not gonna get used to.

So, let's see the quality of the dub...
Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #513 on: 21 November, 2009, 07:16:00 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it took me nearly an hour to watch 23 minutes.

I think I should have a trio of videos load while I'm sleeping or at work or something. Because waiting in real time for them to load is really cumbersome.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #514 on: 21 November, 2009, 07:40:51 pm »

An hour to watch 23 minutes of One Piece?

You'll be watching for years at that pace...
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac234678
« Reply #515 on: 21 November, 2009, 08:24:38 pm »

Well, 50 minutes to be a bit more precise. >_>

If I have three episodes boot up while I'm sleeping each night, it should be more plausible. Of course, then there's the obvious problem of "what if I get bored in the meantime?"
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #516 on: 21 November, 2009, 08:29:07 pm »

*Shrug*
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac234678
« Reply #517 on: 21 November, 2009, 08:33:41 pm »

Episode 3 is loading up. So far, this is fun, but being a shonen anime, it'll likely drag on eventually.

Actually, come to think of it, this might be even more entertaining to watch with the period of time it takes to just boot up an episode. It's no problem to watch it, but to have to accomplish something to do so, no matter how small the trial is, kind of compliments the pace. Though when it starts dragging on, it'll become the opposite.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #518 on: 21 November, 2009, 08:45:32 pm »

It does drag on at times, but I never remember it being as bad as most other shonen anime.

That being said, some of the arcs are long. Lots of things happen, though.

And skip any filler. it's not worth your time.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #519 on: 21 November, 2009, 08:55:22 pm »

While skipping any filler will not have long-term consequences on the experience, I still want to reach the 100% completion mark if I even decide on watching that much of this. When's the first filler arc, out of curiosity?
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #520 on: 21 November, 2009, 09:06:27 pm »

Hm... due to 4kids previously having the series, Wikipedia's episode list is insanely hard to read.. But it seems the first filler episodes are 46 and 47. Though those were based on a chapter cover series and are technically canon.

Then 54 through around 60 is the first major filler arc.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #521 on: 21 November, 2009, 09:12:13 pm »

On average, how long do most filler arcs last?

At any rate, I plan on hopefully finishing the Buggy arc before I hit the sack tonight. Considering that I only have another 4 hours before I'll likely crash and the time spent on just loading the episodes, I doubt that'll happen. I have plenty of free time tomorrow, so I hope to finish the Kuro arc by the end of tomorrow, provided that I haven't forgotten about anything between the Buggy and Kuro arcs.

Annnnnnd... that should be the first... 13 episodes or so. I probably won't follow through with this plan, though.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #522 on: 21 November, 2009, 09:20:32 pm »

It varies a lot. But the filler is almost always between arcs, save for a couple of episodes in Lougetown.

But after that first small one, there's not another filler arc until episodes 131-143.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #523 on: 21 November, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »

As if I'll ever get there.
Report Spam   Logged
Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

DB maybe?

« Reply #524 on: 21 November, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

Which is a bummer, because despite it being the longest arc, Water 7/Enies Lobby is the best arc, and it's not until after 200. Don't remember exact number it starts.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: