Ultimate Paradise
01 August, 2021, 03:12:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11601 times)
Maniac
Holy Ruler

I'm: I'm I'm I'm I'm I'm
Username: Maniac
Mood: evilspacehopper

« Reply #1590 on: 18 December, 2015, 12:09:44 am »

Oh yeah, I actually totally saw that conversation. Figured he was the same guy you used to talk about, but wasn't sure. *also edited*

Think I'll actually follow up on Dai Shogun during the break. Man, I cannot believe something like that actually aired on television, it's like if Inferno Cop was actually intended to be serious or something.
« Last Edit: 18 December, 2015, 12:26:03 am by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1591 on: 18 December, 2015, 01:57:10 am »

Was Daishogun that one sleazy mecha anime about the mech powered by the dude's lust and loads and loads of titties?

Because I wrote that off as soon as I saw the goddamn premise.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1592 on: 18 December, 2015, 03:05:51 am »

Powered by the virgin blood of a member of the Tokugawa family, but otherwise yes, it's pretty friggin' sketchy. Complete with evil villainess who fucks and murders young men and can't get a conversation done without declaring how insanely horny she is for the hero.

The main draw, however, is that is has no animation. It's just a series of drawings with mouth flaps and that's it, it's pretty much the cheapest god damn thing I've ever seen. The writing of the first episode seemed like complete nonsense and I could barely tell what was going on. Honestly, I'm not perfectly sure if it's a joke or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1593 on: 21 December, 2015, 08:44:57 am »

OPM seems to have ended like you said it would. I still enjoyed the fight, though, and it was a fun ride. I can only hope that the next series doesn't suffer too much for the wait.
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1594 on: 27 December, 2015, 12:00:08 pm »

eva-beatrice picture dump

reminder that this post is now 5 years old
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1595 on: 28 January, 2016, 12:32:03 pm »

Shows up for vote this semester:

YuruYuri (esh would be proud, rest his soul)
Gurren Lagann (second half)
Gonna be the Twintail (this is literally only up because the president, who isn't even here right now, loves twintails)
The Seven Deadly Sins (eh)
Invaders of Rokujoma (fuck this)
One Punch Man (never heard of it)
Kill la Kill (man, this is still on toonami)
Erased (prolly)
Amagi Brillant Park (don't care)
Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (always heard this was pretty okay)
Rokka no Yuusha (i think i was reaching critical mass for not giving a shit when this was playing. fun fact, the vice president gave his own description of every show, and this was the only show so boring that he had to read an actual description on a website for it. who picked this lol)
Love Live (the vice president loves the cross-section between moe and memes)

thinking of voting for One Punch Man, ERASED and Iron-Blooded Orphans thus far. dunno about the other two. In a pinch, maybe The Seven Deadly Sins - no idea if that's gonna be a good show, but at least it looks like it has some personality. prolly will just go with gurren lagann again. do not give a shit about a good half of these shows in any way, shape or form, but I guess that's pretty standard for how anime clubs tend to go
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2016, 12:36:09 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Random
Your Mileage May Vary
Global Moderator
Epic Post Whore

Mood: Melancholy

You're gonna carry that weight.

« Reply #1596 on: 28 January, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »

so are anime clubs just like book clubs for nerds where everyone just complains about the selected material, and thus only one person actually pays attention to any given show when it comes time for discussion? is there even discussion or is it just a group watching thing?
Report Spam   Logged

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously.

But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured." - Kurt Vonnegut, jr.
ganonfloyd
The Saga Continues
Godly Post Whore

I'm: Floyd
Stand: King Crimson
Mood: Drained

Space is Deep

« Reply #1597 on: 28 January, 2016, 01:43:19 pm »

is it like that one webcomic where one guy is obnoxious and terrible and the rest are like "i hate putting up with this guy"
Report Spam   Logged

Floyd is the devil.
I SERIOUSLY DREAMT OF FLOYD BEING A KILLER CYBORG WHO RAN 10 TIMES FASTER THAN ANY NORMAL HUMAN, AND THEN KILLED MM, TURNED FEMALE, WENT AFTER ME, AND I DROPPED FROM THE SKYSCRAPER! IT HURTED, BUT I AWAKE CALMLY, THINKING I WOULDN'T SEE YOU AGAIN.
*no gold, just us*
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1598 on: 28 January, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

is it like that one webcomic where one guy is obnoxious and terrible and the rest are like "i hate putting up with this guy"

yes, because that's me

a group watching thing, but this club has official weekly hang out meetings separate from the watching thing, which is honestly what an anime club should be all about in the year of our lord 2016 (a place for people with similar niche interests to meet each other, chill out and talk about stuff). this is the basis for the D&D campaign with which i litter my game topic, btw, where all of the players are anime club regulars except for one girl who is the best friend of cleric girl (who is now an officer, by the way!). naturally, less than half of the people who go to watch anime actually come to these meetings, which strikes me as really dumb and weird.

i still go to the actual watching stuff meetings against any rational logic, though, if only to chat with people for a combined total of an hour and then spend most of the actual anime playing vampire: the masquerade or something
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2016, 02:04:31 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #1599 on: 28 January, 2016, 03:09:09 pm »

Iron-Blooded Orphans is pretty good, if just for the character designs and dynamics and also some pretty bomb-ass music for the first cour.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1600 on: 04 February, 2016, 11:12:41 am »

Schedule is:

Gurren Lagann (again)
ERASED
Seven Deadly Sins
Love Live
One Punch Man

A good half of those shows are kinda eh, but I still voted for four of them for lack of better options. More down with this than last semester, which was the perfect storm of "ugh, I don't give a shit" shows

also we watched an episode of himouto which was just insufferable
Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #1601 on: 04 February, 2016, 04:59:46 pm »

himouto looks like the sort of thing you'd only enjoy if you're one of those weeaboo people that screams "WATASHI WA OTAKU-SAMA" or something
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1602 on: 04 February, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

wouldn't say that. i guess it's a show for two kinds of people: people that can relate with it (i don't want to meet that kind of person, but they probably exist) or people who like shows with insufferable heroes who kinda become slightly less insufferable by the end but are still wholly insufferable by the end. i'd say either person is mad, but w/e

at the end of the day, the only thing good about himouto is that it's a source of funny, context-sensitive gifs on the internet

EDIT: oh yeah, also siscon freaks and guys who watch anything 'cause it has a hot gamer girl in it, but they aren't people so
« Last Edit: 04 February, 2016, 06:08:27 pm by Maniac » Report Spam   Logged

Fuuka Yamagishi
Semi-epic Post Whore

Mood: Tsundere

DB maybe?

« Reply #1603 on: 04 February, 2016, 06:15:51 pm »

wait, you mean she's not always depicted as a weird bean munchkin
Report Spam   Logged

This is an intense, heart pounding adventure! | Internet Antagonist, Prince Silly, The Bazle
Quote from: Jawo'
Stop riding my crotch, please. I don't even know who you are.

wat why are my fruit fighting i dont even get back in the fridge or meet a blendery death - TML
Maniac
Holy Ruler

« Reply #1604 on: 04 February, 2016, 06:49:37 pm »

is that a serious question

although i guess honestly, there are probably some nerds lonely and desperate enough either way

like ESH
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: