Ultimate Paradise
01 August, 2021, 04:05:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Maniac's QUALITY anime log

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 143   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maniac's QUALITY anime log  (Read 11601 times)
Maniac234678
« Reply #765 on: 17 April, 2010, 10:49:15 pm »

Norihiro Yagi apparently wants a second season of Claymore that ignores the ending of Claymore and sets up the aftermath of the Northern Campaign as the manga did. Problem is that's impossible after what happened to the first; Claymore is more well known for its anime adaptation than its manga. Since the end of the anime and the beginning of the time skip don't match up, anime viewers will left in the dark if they never read the manga. This alone would prevent it from even happening, since nobody would want to back up something that inadvertently repels viewers due to a variety of reasons. It's a shame, since the rest of the anime has followed the source material fanatically and actually proved to be a fitting and decent adaptation.

Irene didn't seem like a radical deviation from most characters in the show, being incredibly stoic and lacking in actual detail. She's also dead and it would be a huge asspull if she was still alive, given that even if Rafaela didn't kill her, she would have certainly died during the turmoil after the Northern Campaign. Curiously enough, my fourth favorite character (behind Teresa, Riful and Galatea) is, of all characters, Rafaela. I find it laughable that for a character who has any focus in only two chapters, she had quite a bit of characterization compared to everyone else. Fortunately, she still can get even more once the recent action dies down, now that every part of Rafaela is now part of Clare.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

Username: GameFreak_Jake
Mood: ...

« Reply #766 on: 18 April, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »

Claymore anime was pretty good, although pretty much everybody agrees the ending is horrible.

I'm betting Irene being 5th most popular has to do with her giving Claire her arm. She played the mentor/trainer as well, and people are suckers for the mentor/trainer roles.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #767 on: 18 April, 2010, 05:48:15 pm »

well gee you think

Considering that everything else Irene did included "get owned by Teresa," "get owned by Priscilla," and "get owned by Rafaela" there's no doubt that it would be the justification for why she's liked. Analyze the terminology that I have used; I still don't think that it's a good reason behind her fanbase. Then again, I adore Rafaela, so lol.

Riful looks disgusting in the anime in her awakened form. Not nearly as sexy as she is in the manga.
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2010, 05:50:30 pm by Riful » Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #768 on: 18 April, 2010, 06:34:29 pm »

Is she suppose to be sexy? >_>
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #769 on: 18 April, 2010, 06:49:14 pm »

Definitely not, but results vary. See sig and decide for yourself.

She looks so much like Macha from the original series of .hack// games, who I thought was strangely hot as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #770 on: 18 April, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

Definitely not, but results vary. See sig and decide for yourself.

She looks so much like Macha from the original series of .hack// games, who I thought was strangely hot as well.
Considering that they have much the same "Flower with humanoid torso in the center" design, the similarity is no surprise. And  we are talking about Macha, who was supposed to the "Temptress" of the Cursed Wave.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #771 on: 18 April, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »

So, I'm watching the Rigaldo fight, and I'm now thinking about how steep the rate at which characters gain power is. This guy is amazing, annihilating incredibly powerful characters without any effort applied, yet later on, Agatha pops up, and she's on par with this dude. She is unceremoniously killed off by Clare (who is actually holding back), and Clare had to awaken in order to defeat Rigaldo. It amuses me to think that Rigaldo, who is so epic at this point, would not even put up a token resistance against any character. Hell, I bet that Yuma could kill Rigaldo is he appeared after the time-skip, and before that, she is absolutely worthless.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #772 on: 18 April, 2010, 07:57:49 pm »

*laughs at italics on 1 point font*
Report Spam   Logged

Ƨɒlƚy
The Enlightened Spider
Semi-epic Post Whore

I'm: Salty
Username: Ƨɒlƚy
Mood: Amazing

Yare yare daze

« Reply #773 on: 18 April, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »

That's actually a point that I like to bring up a lot. If they've grown that powerful in only seven years (And remember, it took all of them to beat Agatha so easily, not just Clare, who owned the powerless humanform core), why don't the other Claymores get that powerful too?

This is, of course, because the extremely high rate of attrition amongst Claymores (You remember that it's only been seven years, but the only warriors we recognize are Alicia and Beth) is by the design of the men of the Organization. They don't want their little experiments getting too powerful and going out of their control, so they send them into situations where they get killed off or have them assassinated by some other means. Otherwise, any of them who'd been around even that long would have gotten ridiculously more powerful.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #774 on: 18 April, 2010, 08:25:08 pm »

I actually forgot that after Clare destroyed the first leg, all seven deserters joined in to take out the remaining legs. Given the nature of the Windcutter, though, she probably could have done it, and since the Windcutter is inferior to the Quick Blade, she's still holding back.

Also, I don't really think that the Organization actively wants to dispatch those who become too powerful, as they seem to enjoy taking risks. From the incident with Rafaela and Luciela to their breeding of someone as completely unstable as Priscilla, they seem to welcome their absurd amounts of power so long as they don't actually defy their orders on purpose. It's the combination that mainly leads to that end, not just individual power. Characters in the top five seem to live fairly long lives as well so long as they don't run into someone like Riful, as evidenced by Rafaela, who is likely in her 60's by Clare's time.

*laughs at italics on 1 point font*

You like Elfen Lied. You have more terminal flaws than merely a minor oversight.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #775 on: 18 April, 2010, 08:38:07 pm »

Ouchy, did I catch a soft spot of yours?
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #776 on: 18 April, 2010, 08:53:29 pm »

I've said so much worse to you than that.

And now, looks like we get a summary episode, and THEN the anime starts derailing. I can't wait to see how badly the plotline gets **** up.
Report Spam   Logged
GameFreak_Jake
Semi-epic Post Whore

« Reply #777 on: 18 April, 2010, 09:34:53 pm »

You will not enjoy this.
Report Spam   Logged

Maniac234678
« Reply #778 on: 18 April, 2010, 09:38:58 pm »

I'm gonna be honest. It would take an amazing amount of work to actually make this ending awful from what I've seen. Realize that the only thing that made the ending of the Invasion of Pieta in the manga less satisfying than in the anime was the fact that it wasn't the end of the story. And this anime has actually set up its gecko ending nicely up to the end of episode 24. Everyone says that it's awful, so I trust that the opinion is correct, but... everything is going rather smoothly. I'm actually anxious to see what could actually ruin this.

EDIT: Though the fact that there are a dozen open subplots up to this point could be just that.
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2010, 09:41:57 pm by Riful » Report Spam   Logged
Maniac234678
« Reply #779 on: 18 April, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

I understand. That wasn't an ending. The director wanted to continue from there. The entire concept of radically changing the plotline, preventing the chance for a time skip or a smooth transition into the aftermath of the northern campaign, all of it was for nothing.

Finished Claymore anime. Also neglected to mention that I watched Pale Cocoon this morning. Everyone go watch it, it's 23 minutes long and overall a visual masterpiece.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 143   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: